Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! :)

Hey Guys,

Just a quickie to introduce myself. My name's Adam, and I'm 20, living in Portsmouth. I'm originally from Rutland, and used to work on the local allotments, and the vegetable patch at home etc, but then came to Uni in Portsmouth! As a student it's quite hard to grow things ! but I've just got a flat with a nice big garden space that (unfortunately) only has slabs, so everything is in growbags, pots, or mini greenhouses (yes, plural!!)

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Adam xxx

Hi there - and welcome to the Vine!!
    Good for you growing your own veg...what are you growing????
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hey Nicos, my friend and I are having a chilli growing competition at the moment so I have Razzmatazz, Apache, Cheyenne, Gusto Purple, Sweet Orange and a bell Boy red pepper . I've also got some tomatoes propagating at the moment, some lettuce, carrots, kohl Rabi, Rosso Lettuce, radishes, Rhubarb (victoria, so still being forced till late spring) , Melon, Aubergine and some courgette.

My girlfriend isn't too keen on lots of small pots though so I've been forced to use growbags and greenhouses, and the slabs in our flat means we spend way too much on compost !

Adam

Comment

Hi adamS. Forgot to say 'welcome' earlier - got carried away with those aphids! You seem to have loads of experience, so I hope you'll be able to give us lots of tips! Good luck with the growing!
        A good beginning is half the work.
        Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Hi Adam, welcome. Sounds like you've just about got it all sorted! Good luck with your crops - nothing tastes as good as your own produce.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Sweet - thanks ! my dad was a really keen gardener but now works so much he's let it slide a lot, but learnt a lot from him, and the guy I worked for back home knew so much about fruit and veg growing so I tried to pick up what I could !

Flummery- Thanks very much, I'd agree, I'm now looking at getting a cow, some chickens and a pig in my 16" square patio so I can become self-reliant. Nothing will taste as good as that ! :P

Comment

Welcome to the Madvine AdamS sounds to me you are gonna fit in well with a sense of humour like that
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Hi Adam. Welcome

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X