Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the cold north :)

Hi all,
    Just joined yesterday having only found this forum. Already I feel welcomed and thanks for the help I have already had.

I am 52 and retired (yes I know ) and live with my wife Linda and our 3 year old Burmilla, Kai in Morecambe. I was never a gardener until last year. Since then I have really got the bug. I am trying to grow potatoes (in bags), beans, peas, beetroot, carrots, garlic and onions this year as well as tomatoes, cucumbers, leaves and even melon! Well you never know unless you try

My other interests include amateur radio and playing guitar.

I will no doubt have plenty of questions and maybe some answers for people as time passes.

Thanks for the welcome.

Ian

Hi Ian. Welcome aboard! There's no shortage of good advice here so don't be afraid to ask questions. Its amazing what can be learnt! Good luck with the growing.
    A good beginning is half the work.
    Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

hi ian welcome this is a great site and someone will always answer questions some really nice people wid lots of garden knowledge

Comment

Hi welcome to the Vine
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

welcome.
          What "leaves" are you growing?
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Ian...........you're never too old to start gardening!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Welcome to the madvine Ian, Burmilla is an unusual name, where does it come from?
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                Burmilla is an unusual name, where does it come from?
                Is it a puddy tat?
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                  Welcome to the madvine Ian, Burmilla is an unusual name, where does it come from?
                  The photo above could be Kai Yes, he is a puddy tat. The breed goes back to 1981 and came about because of a chance breeding between a Burmese and an asian Chinchilla. The colour comes from the Chinchilla but they also get some personality traits from them. Extremely intelligent and chilled but can be very naughty

If you want to see Kai and his party trick, search for g0ylm on Youtube (that's a zero in there).

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    welcome.
                    What "leaves" are you growing?
                    Several varieties. General mixed red and green leaves in a pot for 'cut and come again'. Rocket, Lolla Rosa (sp) and also 2 varieties I have not had too much success with so far. I got them from the Real Seed company and they are Pablo and Reine de Glaces. Of course I will also have the leaves from the beetroot and petals from the Nasturtiums. Should be a good looking salad

Comment

What a lovely puddy, I have a confession - I thought you had a 3yo child called Burmilla
                      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine. What a pretty cat! Wiping the tears away after watching the youtube clip
                        Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 07-06-2009, 10:17 AM.
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

He is a bit of a character . He adores carrying things and we quite often wake up sorrounded by bags and toys. He managed to get my blood pressure monitor (in it's bag) halfway up the stairs until he was spotted! I don't know where he gets his strength

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X