Community spirit...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community spirit...

I thought had all but disappeared until I came across this forum quite by chance.
    I live in Cardiff and have been gardening, with varying success, for 30 years or so and still have lots to learn. Currently having a great time growing fruit and veg with my 5 year old grandaughter and trying to answer her 1,000 questions a day. Hopefully there will be times I can contribute to the site and help others, but I've found a few answers here, already, to help grow plants better from the wealth of experience and knowledge being shared here. I'm growing in raised beds first time this year and have attached a pic of progress so far.
    Attached Files
    "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Lookin good! Welcome to the madhouse, plenty of info on here if you have the time to search around, but with 30 years' experience, you'll probably know more than most of us!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Welcome to the madvine, I second G4 on the experience I'm a complete beginner with only a year under my belt
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Welcome T8Ter, it's great when the grandchildren are interested - takes me back to asking my own grandmother about her garden and now it's me trying to answer the questions!
          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Thanks G4,Hayley, the "varying degrees of success" bit means I still need all the help I can get Thanks Shirl, Comfreyfan, yes having my grandaughter interested is brilliant, not so sure about my two year old grandson though who's current mission is to hand me back all the plants we've planted....bless.
            Looking forward to the growing season on here.
            Alun.
            "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Welcome to the vine T8Ter! Our allotment association has a good community spirit, but not as good or varied as the vines!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

welcome!
                Is your greenhouse really steamy, or does it have shading on it?
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks Snadger.Two Sheds.
                  No, the greenhouse is steamy, first year for me with twin skin poly carbonate, plus the double skin isn't clear,closed the door due to wind/rain yesterday but it's still hot humid even when too cold for the auto vent to open, was looking at some shading paint but what I've found so far are for painting only on glass. Thinned whitewash may be an option.
                  Last edited by T8Ter; 07-06-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Hi and welcome - those beds look good. I think it's so important teaching the young ones about 'real' food. Well done!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by T8Ter View Post
                      No, the greenhouse is steamy
                      I'd open the door a bit if it was mine. You don't want to encourage fungal infections and moulds.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks Flummery, lovely pics !!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X