Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a newbie. Pics

Hi,

I am totally new to this gardening malarkey.
    As my board name suggests, I am a petrolhead but after spending a lifetime refurbishing car's I have had enough. My last car rebuild took 2 years and was a bit insane. At 47 I thought it was time to focus my interests elsewhere.

Gardening has never really interested me until now and have to say I am finding it very rewarding – I just wish I knew what I was doing. My garden looked a bit baron so I started with hanging baskets and tubs on the patio

Bird feeder – starlings love it

Also had Jackdaws

I am learning real fast though thanks to reading this forum I know my garden is basic but hey! everyone has to start somewhere

Welcome to the forum. Your garden looks very tidy - well done. But where are the veg??
    Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

Hello and welcome, its a good place to be for Newbies....

Comment

Yeah, very tidy garden.
        Now why don't you dig up that paving and plant some veggies?
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We're incorrigable aren't we? But we do love our veg!

You could try some in tubs on that lovely patio - imagine going out there for a handful of really fresh salad?
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine. Your garden is a lovely blank canvas - get painting

(ps - what cars you restored then? lots of us petrolheads on here)
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, I keep looking at the lawn and thinking of digging it up to make a veggie patch I have half a dozen tomato plants though, 14 strawb plants in pots, a couple of pepper plants and a couple of raspberry & blackberry jobbies. I want to see how this lot shapes up before I commit myself really.

Shirley, that car looks ubber cool in your avatar, what is it? A blast from the past is my guess.

Here is a link to my last car refurb, it’s a Nissan 200SX nut and bolt rebuild. Sorry, it's a big read but quite detailed

Comprehensive S14a refurb - SXOC Bulletin Board

I also have an S13 SX that I rebuilt a couple of years ago, I also documented the rebuild on the same forum.

Had enough of cars though, I sold a 1987 Opel Manta with a genuine 34K miles on it last year.

I am happier in my garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X