Greetings from windy London

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from windy London

Hello! I thought I'd pop in and say hi and introduce myself to you all, as I'll no doubt be swamping you all with questions

I'm a novice gardener, but loving every minute of it. I tried gardening many years ago and grew plenty of veg and herbs in the garden, but didn't really know anything then. The soil is very clay based so had quite a poor crop then.

This year I've gone all out as it's the first year I've had in quite a while where I can spend any time on my garden. I've mostly gone for grow bags and pots for all my fruit, veg and herbs - and I'm learning so much daily. This time I'm reading up on everything properly

Today has been rather dis-heartening though. Having come home nearly an hour late as I had to take 2 buses home instead of the 1 tube journey (problems somewhere on the line), I came home to find that the high winds in North London have left their mark on my poor garden. The sunflowers which are about 1-2 feet high in the front garden look harrassed (some have snapped even though their stalked!), the tomatoes are almost bent over and I had such a great crop coming - and my 6ft high runner bean toppled over!! Worse is that the winds are getting stronger by the end of the week - don't think anything will survive at this rate.

Good news is that I received my goji berry plant today - but will have to wait to pot it out as it's raining hard and too windy now.

*phew* just realised what a long post this is - sorry!

very windy again today here, too.

I hate the wind
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Welcome to the vine.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine. It was windy here this morning and I found all my trees in pots were blown over (again!). Most stuff is pretty hardy though and will recover. Best of luck with your gardening.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X