Hello everyone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Thought I should say hello. Been on the site from 08.06.09 and absolutely love it and you guys - everyone so friendly. Can't wait to come and read some more. Am absolutely hooked.

About myself, it is about the third year or so growing stuff, and I am hoping for a bumper year as this year I have devoted more time on my plot in my garden than I have ever done before as youngest child now 4. OH has helped of course and put in a good amount of time digging, laying slabs etc so can't take all credit.

Anyway, we have carrots, sweetcorn, peas, dwarf beans (which have been attacked by birds I think), summer squash, butternut squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, pak choi, all sorts of salad leaves, parsnips and silverskin onions.

Time for a breather and once again hi to everyone.

Hi and welcome.

I've never known birds to attack dwarf beans, but slugs and snails definitely do ... they are bean enemy number one.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You're probably right - I just assumed birds as it is higher up on the stalk as well.

Comment

Hi & welcome Dianne

It's now my fourth year of gardening and the longer we stay here the more adventurous I've become.
        Year One was merely four courgette plants and four toms....
        Year Two was the introduction of 2 raised beds and opened up an avenue of potatoes, sweetcorn, sugar snaps, green beans...
        Year Three we had to built netted sides for the beds...
        Year Four....we've introduced yet more veggies and now I'm growing in containers too! Potatoes in compost bags, baby sweetcorn in a pot and I'm planning on doing dwarf runners and half-pint peas too!

I can't stop! I only wish I didn't get home til 6:30pm most nights so I had more time to potter in my garden!

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forum, enjoy
          I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Thanks Lemon. It sounds as if you do alright to me, although I can understand what you mean about time pottering in the garden, as I also love it and like you, have just gradually done more and more things each year which is great, but needs more pottering time.

Comment

Welcome to the Vine.
              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X