Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie says Hi

Hi
    Just joined today while searching the web for some hints & tips on ‘grow your own’

Used to be in the garden centre retail trade some years ago (so the whole point was that I should never see a plant in bloom or produce a crop ) and now finding time to spend in the garden at home.
    After spending the last few months working on the shrubs/borders/landscaping etc we’re now playing at growing some veg etc with a view to doing it properly/correctly next season

I’d consider myself to be a dangerous amateur in the garden with enough perceived knowledge to stumble through or totally screw things up

Alan
    What’s the point in being deciduous?

Hi Tuber,
    Welcome to the vine..'.WAS 'in the garden center trade you say..bus mans holiday on here for you then .i'd love a job working with plants, hope you have fun on the vine
    Last edited by ginger ninger; 01-07-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, working in the garden centre is a bit like the saying ‘never buy a car from a mechanic’….he’s so busy fixing everyone else’s that his own will be a wreck

Same principle for me back then, tending plants all day left me with little incentive to do it all again when at home & consequently the garden at home suffered

Happily that’s now changed and garden now taking shape, the downside is that I remember some of the facts etc but it’s a little faded, so when I try to remember how to propagate from certain species its guesswork & trial/error whether its root, cutting, seed, leaf etc
      What’s the point in being deciduous?

Comment

Welcome to the vine.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Glad to have you around, Alan, enjoy the forum
          I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

hi there its good that you know something enything is helpfull
            i hope you enjoy yourself

One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until that day, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

And another newbie says 'Hi'

Hi there

Just stumbled across this site and it's exactly what I've been looking for! I am totally new to growing my own veggies etc, but not doing too badly so far..... the proof will be in the pudding so they say lol! Sooooo, I hope you all have some superb advice for me in the future lol! I am sure I can find plenty of questions to bamboozle you all

All the best to you all

Comment

hi to both of you you will find all the answers you need welcome to the vine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X