Hello.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello.

So Hello, Ive been gardening on and off for 20 years or so inspired by my Father and Grandfather who were avid delvers in the soil, I dont have rolling acres but the 24X60 garden is fairly full and keeps me occupied but not enslaved, I have mostly flowers but there is room for the annual tomato growing binge and a few salads and herbs (nothing like fresh herbs).
    Working as a chef I sometimes get to grow herbs and the like at someone else's expense, they benefit and there are usualy a few spare plants! (product testing ) anyhoo more later.
    Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Hello ohbeary, Welcome.....All those yummy herbs & no veg ......you've just got to make space for some veg!! . Trust me, it's veery addictive .

Comment

welcome ohbeary - have fun on the vine!
      "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Welcome Ohbeary, I am new here too What herbs do you grow?
        There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

Thanks guys, nice to be here, makes a bit of a change from cheffy sites, herbs:- parsley both types, oregano, marjoram, bay, dill, corriander, thyme, fennel, russian tarragon, rosemary, basil and sage.

Comment

Originally posted by ohbeary View Post
            russian tarragon
            Sacre bleu!
            I thought French Tarragon was the business?
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

welllll its a toss up between dracunculus and dracunculoides, the Russian is hardy down here and more tolerant of the vicissitudes of British weather!! (I promise I haven't had a drink, yet), the french can be very fussy in my experience as for flavour admittedly the french is the dogs, but the rusky is not as bad as it has been labeled.

Comment

Welcome you should have a good crop in Cornwall....Longest growing season in England.
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Welcome to the vine where abouts in cornwall are you?
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X