Newbie Stacey

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Stacey

Hi there, i'm Stacey i'm 28 from Nottingham and very new to growing and thsi site. I started my first lot of growing around the 8th July ( maybe abit late to get the most out of growing my own-i'm still not sure if i have to plant by the end of the season the packets say lol). At the moment my patio is full of seed cell boxes and i have a trellis trough for cucumbers when they are big enough.

It all started when my neighbour brough me a huge tomatoe plant round she invited me into her greenhouse and there was loads of tomatoe plants with 4 lettuces in every corner of the tomato plant pot. And i thought hmmm how good would it be to be able to step out into my back garden n get my own lettuce instead of going to pay a £ each from a shop! So i ventured down the gardeniong asile at wilkos and i had a bit of a spree ! seeds galore.

Maybe i should of started with basics first maybe one or two but i found myself quickly addicted to the theraputic feel of planting that i went and picked more seeds up the next day ! And now they've started seeding i was sooooo excited it's such a great feeling ! I think i'm addicted. I ddo have a huge garden but i think i'm jus gonna stick to pots for now as i'm not a fan of digging weeds.

Hi and welcome to the vine. We all suffer the seed buying addiction in varying degrees so you will fit right in
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Welcome Stacey2009,
      Boy o boy it sounds like you've got the bug...it may be late in the season, but there's still loads you can grow..even in pots..the biggest part of my garden's pots..i've just sown some beetroot, salad leaves,..even a mediem plant pot can grow a cabbage...give it a go, you might suspire yourself....if your not sure, pop a thread on here..theres always someone will help.

Comment

Hi Ginger i've got loads of salad leaves growing and i was soooo happy when they came through....everytime i pop in a shop i see if theres anything new out i can plant. My local shops are very limited so i think maybe a gardening centre would be the next best thing to visit. Unfortunatly one of the lettuces my neighbour brought round sufferd with whitefly which was a wakle up call that i would need to buy insectiside and watch out for pests...geesh ya learn something new everyday lol :-)

Comment

Hi Shirl i'm having fun trying though i guess you can only try and see what happens...anythings worth a go:-)

Comment

Hi stacey,

I've done the same thing with my tomatoes, putting lettuce round the bottom. Now I'm just trying to find a way to rear pigs in the grow bag as well to complete my "Grow your own BLT" kit!

Welcome to the Vine.
            Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
            Snadger - Director of Poetry
            RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
            Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
            Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
            piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Haha Ollie if only....what a great way to have a BLT recession free lol no expensive supermarkets just your own backyard.

Comment

As soon as I fit a wind turbine to my roof I'm disconnecting from Britain and declaring myself my own country. The nation of Ollietopia isn't in recession!
                Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                Snadger - Director of Poetry
                RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X