Hello

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi I'm from Derbyshire and just joined this forum and subscribed to grow your own. I'm totally new too gardening other than planting lavender shrubs about 4 years ago I've decided to dig over 3 plots in my back yard as well as growing a few things in pots, so far I've planted garlic, onions, rubarb and asparagus as well as a herb garden, fingers crossed but so far everything is looking ok!!! So hello and thanks for all the info already in the posts I've already solved a couple of my queries already

Gardening is my way of avoiding housework

Believe me, if you can't find the answer off the grapes here; there is no answer!

Hope you have as much success as I have in my first year. Welcome.
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Welcome to the vine, Angelflower - sounds like you have made a really good start! It's great when you can look over the fruits of your labours and think - I did that! Looking forward to hearing about your progress! And any questions - just ask the vine!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Welcome Angelflower & good luck with your plots. I'm sure you will find all the advice you needs on this vine.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Angleflower, looks like your in it for the long term with Asparagus, look forward to hearing how you get on.

Comment

Hello there...sounds like you're off to a flying start. Where in the Peak District are you? Just like checking how near I am to local Grapes - I'm actually a Peak District gal myself, despite the Sheffieldness of my avator info above.
            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Grrrr

Looks like a slug has nibbled and broken one of my new baby asparagus shoots already unless it was my 2 legged pink wellyfooted assistant!!!

Gardening is my way of avoiding housework

Comment

That happened to me last year too, Angelflower - but the main deal with asparagus is manure, no weeds and water! At the moment - if they are newly planted - they need to be developing their roots and not the top growth which will be dying back any minute now. Mine is still green in parts but it will get a haircut soon and then a good mulch with something good (and expensive!)
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

welcme angelflower, u will find this place most interesting, i know that i do, very friendly folk!!

Comment

Hello and welcome - I bet your not far from me :-)

Comment

Hi angelflower, and welcome.

Comment

Hi and welcome from rainy Southampton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X