hello all

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello all

hi all im mike from wilts still very new to growing (1 year) had mixed results in my first year and learnt a lot of valuable lessons that i'm hoping to correct next year i'm especially fond of chillies well bordering on obsessive if the truth be known thought i would join here and have a nose!

Welcome to the grapevine! Everyone is very friendly.

Comment

You made mistakes in your first year?

Everything I did was perfect! honest

Half my mistakes are still waiting to be tidied up in my garden, I've got a few months yet!
      Last edited by OllieMartin; 05-11-2009, 01:48 PM.
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Hi Mike, welcome to the Vine from me too. We give our advice freely and accept it gratefully here. Are you growing on an allotment, or in the garden/ balcony/patio?

Comment

Hi there - and welcome to the Vine!

...you make mistakes too???...brill!!- you'll fit in here a treat!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

private ground about 200 yards from my front door my old man owns it and it was just totally overgrown (6ftish weeds brambles etc) so we set about it with a mini digger i then built concrete block raised beds as the soil is full of brick concrete and all sorts of crap then hand sieved the soil to fill the beds! it's been hard work and i probably tried to get too much done in the first year (valuable lesson number 1) but i'm getting on top of it gradually by clearing and covering.

Comment

Wow, excellent!! I think we've all done that - tried to do too much too soon, but don't you get a wonderful sense of satisfaction when you stand back and look at your handywork.

Comment

Welcome Mike, Breeze block raised beds sound good, you'll have to put some photos on when you get chance.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi mike77

welcome to the vine i've made my raised beds for my leek trench from 3ft formica sheets, they great they wont rot down and last for years.

Comment

Hi Mike77 - welcome to the vine - you will find all the advice you need here - some of it will be contradictory - but all provided by wise grapes! And when you get a chance, do put some pictures of your new plot on here for us to admire!
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine....so you like chillies Mike, your in good company on here. and as everyone says..pop some photos on, we looooove photos

Comment

Hi mike77

what are you going to grow in your raised beds,pot leeks will be great in them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X