Time to say hello

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian White View Post
    And then i am not too sure ,but i will be trying all the normal stuff you find on allotments
    Welcome aboard Ian. There's nothing normal about allotments.

The best way I've found to learn is to get doing. Mistakes for me are just valuable lessons, so don't be scared of making them like I was to start. You'll end up in a tither and not know your R's from your L-bow.

Good luck with the digging - though with the current weather you might be better waiting for it to thaw out.

Good to see you.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hi welcome to the vine.
      Plenty of experienced folk to give lots of advice.
      I still feel very new too. Got my lottie back in March and am still clearing it.
      I managed to get an enormous crop of fruit and veg last year of the small part that I cleared, I was amazed at how much grew.
      Take a look through as many old posts as you can for very good ideas.
      Some will work for you, others won't; its just a matter of finding what is right for you. There is no right or wrong, its trial and error a lot of the time.
      Clear what you can and get things planted before you move on to clearing the next bit. It gives you so much encouragement when you see things growing and you start to get food on the table.
      Also, take photos if you can. This shows you just how much progress you have made when you feel like it is all too much to handle.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X