Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sharon,
    Lovely to meet you

I understand completely what you mean about getting on with it. I have a friend I have started helping out, who is more or less blind, but loves gardening. The council moved her out of her council house with lovely flower garden into a concrete "sheltered" flat with a "balcony" and no garden. We have been planning to convert it into a mintiature flower garden, and thanks to some grapes, will have loads of bright strongly scented flowers to plant soon. Hoping to get permission to work on the roof too, but thats a long shot...!!
    Best wishes

Comment

Welcome to the vine Sharron.......I have a similar back problem from a long standing injury many years ago, roll on spring so we can get moving & have some heat. I am sure this cold weather does not help.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi from one Sharon to another- and welcome to the Vine. That's a lot of books you have. Are they general gardening ones or specific subject or all sorts?
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
          Hi from one Sharon to another- and welcome to the Vine. That's a lot of books you have. Are they general gardening ones or specific subject or all sorts?
          I started with only half a dozen or so books that were all just information on certain types of plants with growing and sowing advice but my addiction took completely over and I just buy anything even slightly linked with gardening now.
          At Christmas my hubby loves it cause he can go into almost any charity shop and get me loads of gardening books and I would love them more than if he had spent days searching for that perfect piece of jewelry or whatever.
          He got me 5 books this christmas and it cost him less than his busfare to the argos.
          My first book was Good Ideas for Gardening by the readers digest and Ive had that for about 16 years now and I still re-read it often. My best book is Food From Your Garden also by the readers digest I got that 2 years ago from a charity shop for 25p and I love it.

Comment

welcome to the vine sharon,
            must say how much i admire your get up and go,we have a retired friend,uses a wheel chair,and he gets on the ground to do his borders and lawn edge ext,make me look like a wimp,
            all the best with your growing,i also have a lovely OH who does all the heavier work on our lottie's,wonderfull things to have,most of the time lol,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X