Hello from Hertfordshire :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and welcome to the vine,

Save the rest of your Alicante and Femspot seeds for next year then buy a couple of different types to add to them you'll soon have different varieties that way.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

welcome to the vine

A lot of us are over exuberant. We've moved to a house with a GH and I got slightly carried away with trying some different tomatoes, cucumbers, chillies etc as we had enjoyed our small amount last year. Getting bit fed up of carting them all in and out on house to GH everyday!
      Elsie

Comment

Why has PR got a dotted line under it?
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

welcome to the vine, what part of Herts are you in.

I do know what it is like to have more seeds than space and as i add to my veg patch the variety of seeds shoot up also so i am in exactly the same boat. i have learnt to be strong and only sow 2 seeds of each tomato variety i grow which then gives me more choice of plants.

I know that you will gain some great advice form this forum, i know i did and i have found also that people here are really kind.

Comment

Thanks all for your welcomes

Dane End Dolly - we are in hertford itself, I assume by your name you are in Dane End - not far from us at all!

I must learn the 'not plant every seed going' rule - I think because there were so many seeds in the pack, I assumed that the survival rate might be quite low and planted about 30 tomato seeds 28 of them lived to tell the tale!!

Next year I will definately make sure I only plant a couple of each type!

My tomatoes might be saved thanks to the kind people on the Vegging Out section, I bought them some nice big pots today and am about to go and upgrade their homes!
            Last edited by PrideRavyn; 20-04-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrideRavyn View Post
              Thanks all for your welcomes

Dane End Dolly - we are in hertford itself, I assume by your name you are in Dane End - not far from us at all!

I must learn the 'not plant every seed going' rule - I think because there were so many seeds in the pack, I assumed that the survival rate might be quite low and planted about 30 tomato seeds 28 of them lived to tell the tale!!

Next year I will definately make sure I only plant a couple of each type!

My tomatoes might be saved thanks to the kind people on the Vegging Out section, I bought them some nice big pots today and am about to go and upgrade their homes!
              I spent all day sunday repotting my stuff as when i checked under their pots i could see their roots , thought it would only take me an hour or two.....six hours later finished (as i was there thought i would also do my cues, peppers, chillies, cabbages etc)

The survival rate on some seeds can be low but always try and do just one spare seed, but saying that i have had some appauling germination rates with my 2 types of sweetcorn and out of 16 seeds only 5 have come up and i have resown 11 more.....knowing my luck all of the buggers will come up now......that has happened to me before.

Comment

The roots are only just showing on their current pots but they are stupidly still in John innes No 2 rather than proper compost, hence why they are now struggling, they are about to go into some lovely new proper compost and bigger pots And while I am out there I'll probably plant some things!

Comment

Hi PR and welcome to the vine, sounds like you'll have lots of fun with your long list of exciting possibilities!!

Comment

Hello and Welcome!
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Welcome from sunny Tottenham
                      Cheers

Danny

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse