hello from worcester

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from worcester

hello all im may and i would like to introduce myself i have already posted a few threads, I am startig a new allotment for the navy cadets to help the children learn where their fruit and vegetables come and how to grow them we are a charitable organisation who work with children from broken homes the cadet unit has oly just opened here so they are very low on funds and are trying to find ideas to raise money for the allotment and was wondering if anyoe here had any ideas,so far were organising a sponsered relay and have also took letters to a few of the big shops in our local area.

What do you need funds for? Seeds are cheap (19p from Lidl/Aldi/Netto) and you already have soil.

What most charitable groups really need is wo/manpower to put in the hard work.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi May,
      I am from Worcester your allotment sounds a great idea - have you thought of selling items at the boot sales in Worcester? Let people know what the money is to be used for and it should help.
      As for veg seeds etc. I can help out there, just pm me as to where you are and I will send some along.
      http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

we are applying for funds due to not having any tools at all we have seeds which weve got from lidls and plenty of wo/man power too, thank you very much dig that chick

Comment

Tools: try car boot sales. That's where all the ones nicked from allotments end up, lol

Comment

thank you our allotment is at a garden centre and they said there was alot of people camping there last night causing a bit of trouble so no doubt we will have a few probs but i bet that happens every where it must be so upsetting to have things vandalised and stolen.

Comment

Seriously though, old looked-after tools are way better than most of the stuff you can buy today. You could also put a "wanted" notice on your local freecycle (now called freegle)
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 31-05-2010, 07:48 AM.

Comment

thank you very much two sheds

Comment

Hi there and welcome to the vine Sunnybird. Once you have started growing then I'm sure you can make a bit of money with the produce. It would be a good idea to put Worcester on your location (in your profile) so we don't keep asking!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Hi Sunnybird, welcome to the Vine. Have you applied for the Dig In seeds at the BBC?
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X