Hey another newbie :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey another newbie :)

Hey all, thought I would introduce myself another newbie here both to the forum and fairly new to growing my own fruit and veg

only been doing it for about 2 months but getting good results so far!
    only started as my 7 year old wanted to start a new hobby but I didnt realise just how addictive I would find it lol

I am growing a few different things at the moment Lettuce, Strawberries, Carrots, Radishes, Herbs and a few different flowers

I hope to be picking your brains soon!

Carolann

Hello and welcome to the vine Carolann
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Vine!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi - you must grow peas, most children prefer them to strawbs I find
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            Hi - you must grow peas, most children prefer them to strawbs I find
            Hi - Welcome aboard. Peas are a great idea ofr kids, They love shelling the peas out of the pods!
            Last edited by ZeroMac; 30-06-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Hi Carolann. Welcome to the Vine. How much room do you have for growing? Kids love to grow the things they like to eat, including peas, sweetcorn, and french (or runner) beans. Beans are good as they grow really quickly, as do pumpkins (grow your own Halloween lanterns).

Comment

Hi carolann,
                im a newbie too, its amazing how quickly you get addicted to growing your own.. i have been growing in pots for a year and have just taken the plunge of removing a mature shrub and flower bed to prepare for using as a veg plot (just hope i dont regret it i had a magnolia that i loved that is now no more). we will both be posting for advice im sure. As for kids growing stuff my sons (now men) often had sunflower growing compertitions and loved every minute of it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X