Hallo from Edinburgh

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallo from Edinburgh

Hallo, I've been lurking here for a while and everyone seems very friendly so I thought I'd just say hi. What a fabulous amount of information is in these forums! It's sooo helpful!

I just started gardening, oh, about two months ago. I always used to think it was terminally boring, hearing my father and my granny going on about plants and gardening, and I always swore I'd never do it. Because I was convinced "only old people do gardening". And I didn't like to think of myself as old ..!

Well, I realised I was completely wrong there and I've got the bug now. My only regret I didn't start earlier in the year so I could have got more veg started!

All the best,
    C
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!
    www.croila.net - "Human beans"

Originally posted by Croila View Post
    everyone seems very friendly so I thought I'd just say hi. What a fabulous amount of information is in these forums! It's sooo helpful!
    Oh, you're trolling aren't you?
    Only kidding, you're very welcome aboard.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi Croila,

It is a very friendly and welcoming place!

Welcome, and hope you enjoy your new gardening bug!
      Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Hello Croila and welcome to the vine.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Croila - is that a photo of your square foot bed?
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Vine Croila. There's still time to sow some more veg, go for it!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Thank you for all the welcomes, it's much appreciated! :-)

Yes, that's a picture of my new square foot bed ... My husband made it for me out of decking planks and I'm ever so pleased with it. I bought the Square Foot Gardening book a wee while ago and have probably read it about ten times before being brave enough to bash on with actually DOING it!

I had absolutely no idea what was suitable to go in it for our rubbish climate up here and the half-shade position it's in. I think sowing sweetcorn in one of the squares at the end of June was a bit optimistic ... The shoots are tiny, and two out of the four Dwarf French Bean seedlings look manky and haven't gone far.

Boy is there loads to learn. My parents-in-law tell me that getting your garden "right" takes years, but the trouble is I want to do it NOW! :-0
              Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!
              www.croila.net - "Human beans"

Comment

Hi Croila, welcome to the vine
                Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Latest Topics