Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from Stevie

I am 44 disabled and unemployed.

By gum this site has changed a lot since I was last a member. Well I think its this site.

Under the doctors orders I have been doing a very large allotment, of course with the help of my dad and mum bless them, this is to help keep my muscles in my legs and arms working what’s left of them lol.
    I have had my allotment now for 5 years, 4 of which have been a disaster for me? Every year my allotment has gone under a foot of water due to the freak weather we now have here in the UK. So my Dad, bless him, has built me lots of raised beds for my veg. not only has this made life so much easier, but if it floods now my crops are above water. And guess what? its not rained this year like its has the past four lol.
    I also have chickens, geese and ducks I did have Turkeys however we have seen to many Christmas dinners go by!.

My garden is no my life, as I said earlier, I am disabled. My dads 70 and he’s been a tower of strength pushing me along giving me the strength to cope when I fall over which happens a lot. But this new leg brace hopefully will give me a few more years using my legs, if not so be it. The enjoyment I get from growing my own is fantastic reminds me of my very little bit my granddad gave all us grand kids when we where very young.
    Its so true to that what you grow saves you money and tastes just like it did before theses supermarkets came along.

dont ask me for a face pic as i dont do em however there is a pic of part of my allotment.

So that’s me Stevie boy my mates call me.

Hi Stevie, and welcome (back?) to the vine.

Good on your dad building you the raised beds! Sounds like you now have your hands full with raised beds, and all the poultry. hope this year's crops are doing well for you.

PS as for face pics, many of us don't do them, we just use an avatar, ie a picture or symbol or ... whatever!

PPS You'll find it useful, if you ask for any advice at any point, to have your profile filled out with your location. It doesn't need to be precise, just enough to give people an idea of the climate you're in. For example, people could look at my location and figure West of Scotland, the paddy fields will be about ready for planting
    Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

thank you caro

Comment

Hello Stevie and welcome to the vine, sound's like you've got a little bit of heaven there in Nottinghamshire. It's great that you can enjoy ya garden despite your disability, good on ya dad for building you some raised bed's...I don't suppose you rent him out by the hour do ya . Fingers crossed for a good crop this year. xx

Comment

Hello Stevie boy and welcome (back?) to the Vine. It's a very friendly place to be. You sound as though you're kept very busy!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Stevie - great to have another raised bed grower along!
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Ez Stevie, welcome (back) to the vine, we're hoping to get some chickens (maybe next year).
                Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Welcome stevie boy glad you are enjoying your plot happy growing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X