Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from lovely lancashire

Hello everybody...
    Have been wanting to join in for some time, we're on year 3 of keeping chickens (our first two belonged to the previous owner who was more than happy to let us take charge, throwing us into our much anticipated new 'good' life) and year two of veg/fruit growing. So I've been looking for some new best friends to pinch ideas and inspiration from (there's a lot of chat to be had in this new life, with attention to detail not always appreciated by some people I know!) but I was a bit shy about launching in...
    We had a chicken related trauma last week (Mink NOT being the new best friend I'd dreamt of) and this forced me to overcome my reticence and plead for help... I'm so glad I did - such great advice and kind reassurance, the forum is definitely somewhere I'd like to spend more time!!! Thank you all...
    Happy as I am to have found my way in, I thought I should introduce myself (and I've also just signed for my subscription of GYO!)... we are truly blessed to live in a lovely spot north of Manchester with woods, water, hills and wildlife (including mink, apparently?!) on our doorstep and we are very much enjoying becoming a part of it all...
    We did have 6 chickens but have suffered two deaths due to old age(RIP Beryl and Thora) in the past six months and the viscous attack last week has left us with just three lovely girls... we're planning to replenish our stock in the next few weeks, once we're confident the baddies have been eliminated...
    we are fortunate to have more outdoor space than we anticipated we might be able to manage. As well as prettying up the front garden, we got raised beds up and running last year to form the back bone of the kitchen garden. The purchase of a wonderful greenhouse in spring this year has committed us to sowing and growing and what a wonderful time we're having...
    We definitely have more enthusiasm than skill and often spend more time reading and dreaming than doing but we're on our way and joining you all here feels like a significant next step!!!
    Look forward to 'chatting' soon..
    MrsT
    Aspiring grow-your-own good-life goddess...

Hello Mrs T. Welcome to the Vine. I think you will find we're a friendly bunch, and will help as much as we can.

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!

Don't forget to add your Chooks to the "How many Chooks...' thread.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

*waves from up the road

Comment

Hi there - I'm from Manchester - oh for a real Bury black pudding!
          Welcome - we like to help.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine from a very sunny Barnsley.

Comment

Lovely welcomes, thank you all... feeling very much at home already...

And great to have fellow northerners around too!!!

Comment

Hi there - welcome to the vine from a southerner! Some of us are quite friendly - usually!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                    Hi there - welcome to the vine from a southerner! Some of us are quite friendly - usually!
                    Hi there! Wondered at throwing in the 'northern' thing!!! I went to uni in London (many years ago) and spent much time down south... still have lots of friends there too... Happy to have more!!!

It's the weather thing that gets me... I love it up here but am jealous of your southern temperatures...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X