Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Welcome to the Vine!!!

Comment

Hello from one newbie to another

Comment

Just to add my welcome to everone else's ....

So, make us jealous, what lovely exotic things do you grow that we can't in our climate? Is there anything you would like to grow but can't, as it needs a cooler, wetter climate like ours?
              Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

I'm not in a tropical climate, Caro but I have pretty much a year round growing season for beetroot, carrot, cabbage, swiss chard which is great because I can constantly have something on the go.

This year we planted 2 avo saplings which are limping a long - that is the most exotic I've gotten so far as I'm still learning and clearing space. I've recently taken on vertical gardening - I'm attempting to grow potimarrons up a tripod as I found they suffered with mildew last year.

I struggle with sandy soil, sea air and a howling summer wind which makes for interesting challenges.

I would like to grow garlic but I understand it needs the frost to split the bulb into sections (or is this an old wives tale?). Husband wants me to grow brussels sprouts but they are grown in a more mountainous region in the eastern edge of the province.

I'm also interested in blueberries but I think I've got a spot for them in pots so now I need to find some.

We do not have the range of seeds, seedlings and plants that you have over there.

Comment

Hi, welcome! PRetty sure you can still grow Garlic... as you said it just won't split into separate bulbs, but it'd still be useable. If you grew enough, you could use it freshly picked, smallish - which is called 'wet garlic I think?

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                    Hi, welcome! PRetty sure you can still grow Garlic... as you said it just won't split into separate bulbs, but it'd still be useable. If you grew enough, you could use it freshly picked, smallish - which is called 'wet garlic I think?
                    Wet garlic sounds interesting I'll look into it, thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X