Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the North West !

Hello all

Nice to meet you all I am a newbie here, on the (very long) waiting list for an allotment and so growing in containers in my yard for now.

Have only been growing a year so very much a novice in terms of veggie growing

Look forward to nattering with you all in the future.

Hello and welcome to the vine Florian, I grew all my veg in containers/pots until this year and got good crops from them.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi and welcome, in the UK I grow all of my stuff in pots and manage to get a few meals from them. I picked a nice bowl of salad leaves today for lunch.
      Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Hi and welcome to the Vine from me too Florian.

Container growing is an excellent method. I grow at the lottie, in beds in my garden and in containers. Even once you've got your lottie, I'm sure you'll still make use of your containers .

Comment

Hello and thanks @Bren In Pots @stella @Pumpkin Becki.

Lovely to meet you and thanks for the welcome.

I have spent the afternoon planning for next year so hopefully will be more organised and will get a greater variety of crops!

Comment

What crops have you tried so far Florian?

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

@Pumpkin Becki I have tried courgettes, salads, beans, peas, spinach and chard. I also tried Pak Choi and some things like salsify and mizuna but the slugs have really done for them. I had quite a bit of success courgettes, salads and chard

Oh and potatoes

Comment

@Florence Fennel @Nicos Hello, nice to meet you

Comment

Ha!!...once seen never forgotten I'm afraid Florian!!!

I like to try something new each year...not yet decided what my 'guest veg' will be for 2011...what are you going to try new next year???

Comment

Well it's my first year proper so need to refine some of the things I have done so far - get rid of slugs and also work out why peas aren't growing well.

I'd also like to try some rhubard, more chard & courgette varieties and also heritage spuds. I love spuds I'd also like some squashes if I can find container-friendly ones

What about yourself? What do you like growing ?

Comment

Sounds like you've done really well Florian.

I'm a Pumpkin and Squash addict myself, I find them so fascinating to grow as plants, and the fruits are a very nice bonus!!

I grow a broad range of things, peas, beans (broad, french and runner), courgettes, chillis, tomatoes, potatoes, sweetcorn, beetroot, carrots, leeks, onions, shallots, raspberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants, blueberries (yet to have fruit), I could go on, but you'd fall asleep - suffice to say that I have quite a substantial seed collection . I also have a go at brassicas every year, but I'm not very successful! Lol

Comment

We grow most things- although I'm having to get used to different soil and weather over here- tis our 5th year coming up- but 3rd full time, so I'm getting an idea of what's not happy here. Just can't seem to find a spot for rhubarb to grow..strange thing was- back on the uk lottie-we couldn't give enough of the stuff away ( 6 plants)
                            Won't bother with cauli again- always blows...nor aubergine- just can't seem to get the fruit to set.

Soo...don't worry about failures Florian..you'll eventually find a few crops you'll always succeed with!
                            Exciting isn't it???

Comment

Hi Florian, welcome from me too. Newbie myself, it's a great forum helpfull folk and good humour!

paul.
                              Help Wildlife.
                              Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X