Hello from the North West !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    Sounds like you've done really well Florian.

I'm a Pumpkin and Squash addict myself, I find them so fascinating to grow as plants, and the fruits are a very nice bonus!!

I grow a broad range of things, peas, beans (broad, french and runner), courgettes, chillis, tomatoes, potatoes, sweetcorn, beetroot, carrots, leeks, onions, shallots, raspberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants, blueberries (yet to have fruit), I could go on, but you'd fall asleep - suffice to say that I have quite a substantial seed collection . I also have a go at brassicas every year, but I'm not very successful! Lol
    Exciting stuff! I love eating squash so I am keen to try growing although not sure what is possible in pots?

How have you found the berries? Again, I am interested in trying them but feel nervous for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      We grow most things- although I'm having to get used to different soil and weather over here- tis our 5th year coming up- but 3rd full time, so I'm getting an idea of what's not happy here. Just can't seem to find a spot for rhubarb to grow..strange thing was- back on the uk lottie-we couldn't give enough of the stuff away ( 6 plants)
      Won't bother with cauli again- always blows...nor aubergine- just can't seem to get the fruit to set.

Soo...don't worry about failures Florian..you'll eventually find a few crops you'll always succeed with!
      Exciting isn't it???
      I can imagine that to be the case. Is there anything that you've been able to grow far better there than here?

Am going to have a go at rhubarb myself next year. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by pauco View Post
        Hi Florian, welcome from me too. Newbie myself, it's a great forum helpfull folk and good humour!

paul.
        Thank you! You too. What are have you been growing so far?

Comment

Hi Florian- I think you can manage squash in half wine barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Florian View Post
            Thank you! You too. What are have you been growing so far?

Well i got going late this year, so just grew Tom's in grow bags. I have now got a greenhouse up and can't wait for next year. Got some over-wintering Onion seeds, which i intend too sow in late Dec. Later on i will try Radish, shallots, sweet-peppers, and good old Toms again. I intend to try strawberries too.

paul.
            Help Wildlife.
            Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Originally posted by missalaska View Post
              Hi Florian- I think you can manage squash in half wine barrels.
              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by pauco View Post
                Well i got going late this year, so just grew Tom's in grow bags. I have now got a greenhouse up and can't wait for next year. Got some over-wintering Onion seeds, which i intend too sow in late Dec. Later on i will try Radish, shallots, sweet-peppers, and good old Toms again. I intend to try strawberries too.

paul.

Sounds like a great variety. I may try strawbs myself

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X