Virgin Gardener

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Gardener

Hi, I'm Alun, very new to this, moved to Norfolk last year and a very large garden, full of lumpy grass and sky high nettles, been attacking the nettles and bouncing over the grass, managed to grow a few veg this summer, tomato,peas and courgette, the yellow ball kind, that was a good crop, handing out footballs all summer!!! Not much experience with planting and nurturing but willing to learn, have plans to get better over the winter, more planning and digging. Useless with names, types, what's best where and when so in between rebuilding my old! motorbike, will be here for advice and tips.

Hi Alun - welcome to the Vine. You'll find we're a friendly crowd, and there are some good tips on here. Feel free to ask questions.

Comment

Hi Alun, and welcome. This is a great place for us novice gardeners!
      Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Thanks for that

Thanks for that, I'm sure I'll find something useful and still be confused haha!

Comment

Hi Alun, and welcome ... This is an absolutely BRILLIANT place to learn loads! I only got into growing things this summer and whilst it was good being able to read a few books, I definitely got the most useful information on this forum. People are so kind in dispensing advice, thinking about your question and doling out answers, honestly, you wouldn't believe how nice they are It's the best place to learn, and I just can't wait till I can help other folks out in return!
          Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!
          www.croila.net - "Human beans"

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!

...you easily get confused eh????....so do we!...you're going to fit in superbly!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi Alun, welcome to the vine. Like the name too!

Comment

Hi Alun, hope you enjoy your stay with use nutters . Pull up a chair and nip over onto the chat thread for a natter with us.

Comment

Hello Jones the spy - and what a name to choose! Welcome to the vine - I'm sure you will find all the mystery and magic you desire here!
                  Or at least some straightforward answers to some straightforward questions!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Thanks for all your replies and welcoming notes.Nothing mysterious in the name its a welsh joke;
                    A Russian spy was dropped by parachute in the Welsh hills with instructions to contact a Mr. Jones who lived in the small village of Llanfair, and give him the code message "the tulips are blooming well today."

Arriving at the village he asked a small boy where Mr. Jones lived and was directed to a small cottage at the end of the village.

He knocked on the door and the owner emerged. "Are you Mr. Jones?"

"I am."

"The tulips are blooming well today."

Mr. Jones stared at him in amazement and then smiled.

"Ah, you must have come to the wrong house. It's Jones-the-spy you want."

Or if you prefer, one of the characters in "Ivor the Engine"

Comment

Oh that's brilliant, love it! My father's Welsh ... Must tell him about Jones-the-spy!
                      Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!
                      www.croila.net - "Human beans"

Comment

Didn't the Russians have a problem with a Welsh male voice choir? When the Russian officials checked their passports half of the choir had the surname Jones and the other half were called Evans.
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Ah, the Jones'. A large family of Welsh decent.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Well I can always safely say "It wasn't me, you want the other Jones"

Comment

Welcome to the vine Alun & happy spying.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X