Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny Argyll

Hi
    I have just joined this forum as it looks full of interesting info and folk.
    I have a house, big garden and 2 acre field on the shores of loch Fyne.
    Last year we started a miniscule business growing fruit and veg, some things worked very well - runner beans, tomatoes, courgettes, cucumbers, greyhound cabbages among others. Some things didn't - carrots, beetroot and chard, leeks, onions.
    I hope to learn from my mistakes and do better this year.
    We have a small polytunnel and have the skeleton of a second hand large one which I'm a little nervous of putting up as I'm sure bits will be missing.
    We are putting it off and plan to put 2 pigs there for the spring/summer to rotavate/weed for us then errect it in Autumn 2011.
    We have 12 hens mostly ex-bats and 3 black rocks.
    I have just bought some rootrainers and will start sowing tomatoes and peppers very soon.
    Look out for many questions......
    Last edited by Nicos; 10-01-2011, 03:50 PM. Reason: advertising

Hi Katog, welcome to the Vine.
    Good luck for the new season too.

paul.
    Help Wildlife.
    Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

hi katog

i sometimes pass your way on the way to/from our caravan at dunoon!!

maybe in the summer i will drop by and stock up on veg for the soup pot!!

best of luck!!
      May the road rise to meet you,
      May the wind be always at your back,
      May the sun shine warm upon your face,
      The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
      Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

Hello Katog and welcome to the Vine As for questions - bring 'em on there's loads of very clever peeps on here.
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by Katog View Post
          Hi
          I have just joined this forum as it looks full of interesting info and folk.
          I have a house, big garden and 2 acre field on the shores of loch Fyne.
          Last year we started a miniscule business theveggiepatch | Home growing fruit and veg, some things worked very well - runner beans, tomatoes, courgettes, cucumbers, greyhound cabbages among others. Some things didn't - carrots, beetroot and chard, leeks, onions.
          I hope to learn from my mistakes and do better this year.
          We have a small polytunnel and have the skeleton of a second hand large one which I'm a little nervous of putting up as I'm sure bits will be missing.
          We are putting it off and plan to put 2 pigs there for the spring/summer to rotavate/weed for us then errect it in Autumn 2011.
          We have 12 hens mostly ex-bats and 3 black rocks.
          I have just bought some rootrainers and will start sowing tomatoes and peppers very soon.
          Look out for many questions......
          Sounds awesome. Welcome

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Katog, just had a quick peep at your website and you do live in a pretty area.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi Katog, and welcome. What a gorgeous part of Scotland you live in. Next time we're up your way, we'll be sure to stop in for some produce. My efforts are on a much smaller scale!
                Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X