New from Northumberland

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Northumberland

Hello. I've been growing veg since 2005. Moved from London to Northumberland 2008. But, with 3 children under age of 5 to care for, first time time has allowed me to join a veg growing forum.

Still trying to get to grips with this northern weather lark - and defining moment of 'I'm not in London anymore' was when grew copious amounts of butternut squash down south, but not a one oop North...oh and at the time no 24 hour supermarkets...

Have just posted under 'vegged out' requesting variety recommendations that have done well for anyone north of newcastle/south of berwick, determined this year to have all round bumper year. weather permitting.

Am also moderately (okay quite a lot) obsessed with herbs...I have far too many mints and a penchant for the unusual finds.

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi chickbob, welcome to the Vine from me too!

paul.
      Help Wildlife.
      Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Welcome to the vine chickbob
        Chris

My Allotment Journal @
        Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
        -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine, pull up a chair and have a cuppa.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Chickbob. Relatives of mine come from Morpeth. However can't help you on the growing stakes - as you can see I'm dahn sarf!
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by chickbob View Post
              Hello. I've been growing veg since 2005. Moved from London to Northumberland 2008. But, with 3 children under age of 5 to care for, first time time has allowed me to join a veg growing forum.

Still trying to get to grips with this northern weather lark - and defining moment of 'I'm not in London anymore' was when grew copious amounts of butternut squash down south, but not a one oop North...oh and at the time no 24 hour supermarkets...

Have just posted under 'vegged out' requesting variety recommendations that have done well for anyone north of newcastle/south of berwick, determined this year to have all round bumper year. weather permitting.

Am also moderately (okay quite a lot) obsessed with herbs...I have far too many mints and a penchant for the unusual finds.
              Hello and welcome

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X