Hello from Teesdale

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Teesdale

Hello, I just found my way in following links.
    I live in Teesdale surrounded by fields and countryside but alas have very little in the way of land I can use myself. It's pretty, though.
    I don't grow much as I have only a pocket handkerchief size front garden and a load of variously sized containers out the back for anthing I fancy. Last year I grew a lot of potatos in bags out there, five varieties which I didn't label as I knew I'd remember what went where. And, as always happens, I forgot Still surprises are nice.
    I grow chillies, basil and anything that takes my fancy inside and still have brussels sprouts in the flowerbeds out the front.
    I don't try to be self sufficient, just to amuse myself. It works.
    I've kept bees in the past and would like to do so again, but not sure if I'm in the right place.
    I like keeping poultry but again, it's not the greatest place to keep them here. Still, I'm hoping to move this year or next to somewhere with space for my various projects.

Hi and welcome, sounds like you are having fun with your garden
    Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Welcome to the vine Witchy. Hmm - I suspect you will get drawn into plans for chooks and bees rather quickly when you join in the discussion threads!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Hi and welcome to the Vine from me too Witchy! Could we ask you to pop your location into your profile. You don't need to be specific, but it does help with questions relating to weather and climate.

Comment

Hi welcome to the Vine
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I've put my location in my profile but the village I'm in has a microclimate which is actually nicer than places even two miles in all directions!
            I've ridden home from 5 miles away and ended up with snow piled up on me and the bike; and as I've crested the hill down into the village there have been blue skies and dry roads and I've had some very odd looks! I'm not complaining, mind you.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine Witchy
              Chris

My Allotment Journal @
              Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
              -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Hello Witchy and a very warm Yorkshire welcome from me as well. xx

Comment

Originally posted by Witchy View Post
                  Hello, I just found my way in following links.
                  I live in Teesdale surrounded by fields and countryside but alas have very little in the way of land I can use myself. It's pretty, though.
                  I don't grow much as I have only a pocket handkerchief size front garden and a load of variously sized containers out the back for anthing I fancy. Last year I grew a lot of potatos in bags out there, five varieties which I didn't label as I knew I'd remember what went where. And, as always happens, I forgot Still surprises are nice.
                  I grow chillies, basil and anything that takes my fancy inside and still have brussels sprouts in the flowerbeds out the front.
                  I don't try to be self sufficient, just to amuse myself. It works.
                  I've kept bees in the past and would like to do so again, but not sure if I'm in the right place.
                  I like keeping poultry but again, it's not the greatest place to keep them here. Still, I'm hoping to move this year or next to somewhere with space for my various projects.
                  Nice to meet you

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X