New and inexperienced

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poppysocks View Post
    Hi, I am relatively new to growing veg, this is my second year. I have been trying to find sites that can offer useful advice and can often spend hours on the web and not find the advice I need. I thought this site looked interesting and hope it will be helpful. I had some success last year but a lot of failures too! My onions were little bigger harvested than when I planted them! My celery was small and tough and my beetroots were no bigger than a golf ball! I also lost much of my winter crop with the heavy and persistent snow this winter. I could use all the help and advice there is to try and improve my harvest this year. I really enjoy growing the veg but would like a little more edible produce for all my hard work and a little less laughter from my hubby who thinks the miniature size or unusual shape of my veg is hilarious
    Hello and welcome. I am in my second year too

Comment

Hi

Welcome to the vine. It really is a place for good advice and many friendly people who will always help you out.
      My onion were quite a bit smaller last year than previously also, although they still tasted great but my shallots seemed to go mad. On one I had over 10 shallots which I think is unusal as majority of mine only had 4-6.

Comment

Hello Poppy
        I am in a similar position ! Everyone here is lovely & knowledgable

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine Poppy, they are a great bunch here. No question is ever to small!

Comment

Hello! Welcome to the vine.. Beetroot is best at golf ball size! So tasty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X