Hi from New Zealand

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from New Zealand

Hi - Im Suzie and I live in New Zealand, where at the moment the days are getting shorter, darker and the leaves are starting to turn - Autumn is upon us and we reluctantly say goodbye to summer. A friend gave me a receipe for relish a week ago - Im generally a very basic cook that has gone backwards over the years, instead of improving! However I did enjoy experimenting with the relish receipe using my parents tomatoes and it turned out very yummy, expecially with the impulse addition of a can of mangos! I then got carried away and made some more variations on the receipe and turned out a Peachie Apple relish and also a tomato, corn and green pepper relish - I might be hooked! You website was interesting and helpful to me being a beginner, especially about sterilising/jars etc. I look forward to endless hours of reading from you all

Suzie

Hello Suzi and a very warm welcome from Jinny Cat & me. We're just going into spring here...not before time I say. Why don't you post your recipe on the "season to taste" thread. It sounds Yummy.
    Don't be worried if you can't log on in a few day's time, the sites going off line for an update soon.

Comment

looking forward to your posts ...cos you will be doing the exact opposite to us ..it will be weird.
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse! Hope all is well down there after all the weather problems on that side of the world.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

welcome

Where about in NZ are you? There is a really difference between the far north and the south, but the opposite to here!
          Elsie

Comment

Welcome to the vine - so you will be searching the winter threads soon!!!
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

G'day Suzie, from a Cantabrian currently in north London!. where in NZ are you?.
              Finding Home

Comment

Welcome to the topsy turvy world of the vine.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Mid Canterbury, New Zealand

Hi - what a friendly bunch you are, thank you for your welcome! I live in Ashburton, Mid Canterbury. It is on the East Coast of the South Island, New Zealand - about an hour south of Christchurch. Kiwirach, you will know our area well Im guessing. Yes it is funny about you all going into Spring and us Kiwis into Autumn - all upside down

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine
                    Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                    Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                    -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

I'd rather be there, than here though! Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Suzanne Early View Post
                        Hi - what a friendly bunch you are, thank you for your welcome! I live in Ashburton, Mid Canterbury. It is on the East Coast of the South Island, New Zealand - about an hour south of Christchurch. Kiwirach, you will know our area well Im guessing. Yes it is funny about you all going into Spring and us Kiwis into Autumn - all upside down
                        Don't know it but drove through it (well the bus driver did!). Did Dunedin to Queenstown (the long way round). Have very good friends who live in Auckland so have been out to NZ four times. Last time the customs lady asked if I would like a job in NZ and could she go get me some forms
                        Elsie

Comment

Hi Suzie, welcome to the Vine from me too.

paul.
                          Help Wildlife.
                          Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the "new look" Vine!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi

Welcome to the vine. It really is a place for good advice and many friendly people who will always help you out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X