Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi from a misplaced kiwi

Hello everyone.

I'm Sophie and I'm a New Zealander living in South West London. I am slowly training myself to the reversed seasons, the different soils and water and, well, everything!

I have been here a little while now though so feel adjusted enough to attempt my first veg patch - very exciting despite it mostly being in pots. I am very new to growing edible plants - my only ones to date have been one or two herbs and an apache chilli called Consuela ( still going strong despite a year in my company) - but hopefully enthusiasm will see me through.

Really looking forward to picking up some geniune wisdom from the folks on here - the knowledge I've got from just a cheeky lurk has been really helpful and stopped me overly fretting already!

Anyway, hello, nice to meet you all and hope to get proper stuck in in the future

Evening, and welcome, everyone here is very friendly and willing to share advice, you will enjoy it, I know I do

Comment

Hi

Welcome to the vine. You'll get lots of good advice from all the nice people on here.

Comment

Cheeky lurks are always welcomed here!
        Glad you took the plunge though....so a big "Hi Kiwi Soph" from me and welcome to the vine.

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse! You're not the only displaced Kiwi - we have a 'KiwiRach' on here too, I think she's in North London.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello Sophie and a very warm welcome to the vine from Jinny cat & Me. Hope you enjoy your stay with us on the vine. You'll find most of the information you need by using the search button at the top of the page, but for anything else give us a shout.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Kiwi Soph - nice to have you join us!
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

aw, get you lot! I knew this was a nice place, thanks for the warm welcome

Comment

Hi Sophie, welcome to the Vine from me too.

paul.
                  Help Wildlife.
                  Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse! You're not the only displaced Kiwi - we have a 'KiwiRach' on here too, I think she's in North London.
                    lol!. yep, i'm in north east London and grow on an allotment. welcome to the vine!.
                    Finding Home

Comment

Welcome to the vine Kiwi Soph.
                      I'm an Antipodean neighbour from Australia, and although I have been living here for over 6 years now I too am adjusting to the gardening differences for the first time this year... it's surprising how different gardening feels here! The differences in watering is the thing that really surprises me most!
                      I have found this site really informative and inspiring and think I may be addicted...

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine!
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi, I am also new to this site.
                          My son leaves for New Zealand on Friday, he has a job in the ski resort at Metheven just outside Christchurch, my daughter is there too, Im hoping to visit them later in the year.

Comment

Hi kiwi and welcome .. Every one here are very friendly and have lots of great advice
                            My year log of growthhttp://http://backgardenfarm.blogspot.com/
                            up dated blog 27th june ..pls read if u have the time
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0YjOHl2zI

Comment

G'day Kiwisoph. Welcome to the vine. As bronwen says it is addictive. I hope you adjust to our lovely climate.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X