No announcement yet.

Hey All

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bill. Look forward to knocking heads with you.
    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Billathome65 View Post
      Hi yes I garden at home just started this year and learning as I go along. I don't have an allotment plot although I do have my name on waiting lists the problem is we only have two that service our local area so I don't hold out much hope. Others are outside our borough so are not available. My plans? grow some veg successfully I hope, but I have some shaded spots in my garden which is only 8ft by 6ft but I am using all the borders etc.. I can get some pics up I took a few weeks back before the veg went in if anyone is interested?
      Which part of Manchester are you in? I'm not aware of any rules restricting you from putting your name on the list of any plots in Manchester.
      Obviously you'd want one as close as possible but although some have long lists you'd be surprised at how short the lists are on others.

Do post some pics of your garden. It's easier for people to give guidance if they have a pic to help them.

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi Billathome65 and a really warm welcome to the vine!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            Oh, heck * fetches tin hat...

Comment

I don't think BAH65 is necessarily referring to this forum. Bad experience elsewhere eh Bill!? We are a friendly and open minded bunch on here. I have seen no evidence to the contrary and the mods on here do a superb job - no them and us! So long as you appreciate that everyone has a view that's not always aligned with your own, you'll be OK. We are all seeking the same goal - to grow great food and escape from life's troubles, which gardening does in spades! Get it?
              Welcome!
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X