Hello from a complete newbie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a complete newbie

Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself.

I'm a complete novice from newcastle upon tyne (adopted geordie) I found this site by pure accident while looking for info on growing strawberries and tomatoes.

I have always wanted to grow veg and grew up with a dad who grew everything and spent most of his time in the green house and fruit cages and a grandad who was a farmer who then later moved onto an allotment in his retirement. So its in the blood if you like.

I'm a mum of 3 and not currently working it appears no one wants to hire me and I can't even get an interview so I have decided to bite the bullet and finally have a go at growing something a very productive way to spend my time.

Look forward to reading as much as I can and getting some great ideas.
    Kaye x

"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments."

Welcome indeed! I find veg gardening very rewarding, therapeutic and provides exercise as well as a healthy diet. Will you be growing in a garden or allotment?
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Hello from me.
      http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

Hello there! Sounds like a great way to spend your time in my opinion

Comment

Hi daisygrubber, welcome to the Vine from me too.

paul.
          Help Wildlife.
          Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Hello! Welcome to the vine.
            A good beginning is half the work.
            Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Welcome to the vine daisygrubber - there are a few Geordies who are grapes here!
              Growing your own sounds like just the right thing for you to be doing right now - I hope you and your family enjoy it thoroughly!
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Thank you for the lovely welcome. I shall be growing in the garden for the time being, however I am tempted by some vacant allotment spaces that have become available near me.

I live with 4 grown men, 3 sons and a hubby. All of my sons are gearing upto leaving home so I think I will be doing the gardening by myself which is no bad thing. I don't think eating the produce will be a problem for them, they are all big eaters and as thin as a bean pole.

I'm still fairly young at 42 so there's plenty of life left in me yet to do some worthwhile and serious growing.

Will look forward to getting my tomatoes, peppers and strawberries planted out and then get some beans on the go. Its all quite exciting isn't it

Would love some chickens to, but will walk before I can run.
                Last edited by daisygrubber; 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM.
                Kaye x

Comment

Hello daisygrubber and a very warm welcome to the vine from Jinny Cat & Me.

Comment

Welcome to the vine daisygrubber, enjoy your stay - they are a fab bunch here

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                      Welcome to the vine daisygrubber, enjoy your stay - they are a fab bunch here
                      Thank you so much, so far i'm enjoying myself and can't want to taste all the hard work. Have been researching mushrooms this morning as we eat loads. I may give them a go I have narrowed down my plan of attack.
                      Kaye x

Comment

Good luck with the mushrooms - do let us know how it goes please!

Comment

Hello Daisygrubber and a very warm Welcome to the Vine. Stick with us, you'll love it and I look forward to hearing how the growing goes.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X