Hello from Newton-le-Willows

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Newton-le-Willows

Hi all my name is Chris and I'm from sunny Newton-le-Willows Currently trying to find an allotment plot but not really fancying my chances looking at the waiting lists

I'm a complete novice so enjoying reading around the forums and seeing what everyone is up to!!

Hi Chris and welcome to the vine.
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

Wotcha Chris. You've got the M6 in your back garden too then?
      Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
      By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
      While better men than we go out and start their working lives
      At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Welcome. Now all you need to do is join the back of the queue to recieve your seed collection tin and straight jacket! Not that it takes over your life, its perfectly normal to grow 172 tomato plants for a family of 4!!!!
        Fantasy reminds us that the soul is sane but the universe is wild and full of marvels

http://thefrontyardblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes Mrbad not far off

Originally posted by dave_norm_smith View Post
          Welcome. Now all you need to do is join the back of the queue to recieve your seed collection tin and straight jacket! Not that it takes over your life, its perfectly normal to grow 172 tomato plants for a family of 4!!!!
          Perfectly normal if you ask me. After all you need a couple of plants spare in case anything goes wrong

Comment

Hello Chris - From deepest darkest Scotland - I'm new to the forum and gardening also, and have been mulling around the treads for a couple of weeks plucking up the courage to post - now that I have started posting, it seems to be quite infectious. Hope you get your allotment soon.... Cheers.
            “Behold her, single in the field,
            Yon solitary Highland lass!
            Reaping and singing by herself;
            Stop here, or gently pass!”

Comment

Hello Chris! Welcome aboard! Careful, it's *very* addictive

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Chris
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Vine. Lately I'm the boring one who asks people to put their location into their profile so we don't forget where they are (helps with climate knowledge when advising about growing), but I'm also a little bit batty, so I'm not going to ask you.
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

A warm welcome to the vine Chris, and don't you believe my dear friend Florence Fennel - she is not batty at all she is a lovely lady who makes us laugh out loud at the computer screen (usually when one has a mouthful of coffee).
                    But please put your location in your profile as I will never remember (where is Newton-le-Willows?)
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Welcome from Newton Le Wirral. Not too far away from you. I used to buy my eggs from the place near the motorway if you know where I mean........whenever I was in Newton LW on business.

Don't go there so much now and one of our lottie mates has chucks and sells his eggs. Great stuff......

Have a good time growing......

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X