Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone!

Hi all you happy growers!

I am new to the forum and also to growing fruit and veggies in a greenhouse. I have been growing veggies in our garden in the Highlands of Scotland for two years now and I thought it was time I had a go at greenhouse growing. This was all going well until the actual building part of the greenhouse and the gale force winds! It has taken much longer than I anticipated but I am happy to say (and so is my husband!) that the greenhouse is completed and I am now in the process of filling it with lots of nice fruit and veg plants. I am soooo excited to see what happens but I really don't know what I am doing so I joined the forum to learn new gardening tips.

Happy Growing!

Welcome to the vine VonnieD - loads of greenhouse growers here and also quite a few from Scotland so you are in good company all round!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Welcome.

You must live just round the corner from theweescottishgrower, who's just joined too.

Has the Highlands just got t'internet or something?
      Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
      By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
      While better men than we go out and start their working lives
      At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

*waves*

Be sure to check out the undercover forum!

Comment

Hello VonnyD and a very warm welcome to the Vine. Congratulations on your greenhouse and happy growing to you too!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine VonnyD
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the welcome! I am off to check the forums to see what info I can get for my wee plants

Comment

Hello Vonny and welcomeWhereabouts in the Highlands are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post

Has the Highlands just got t'internet or something?
                  Yes,the supply has just been restored-haggis scoticus ate all the cables

Comment

Hi Coreopsis

I am in a very windy Inverness! I am very concerned about my newly built greenhouse. Wizard of Oz springs to mind!

I hope your garden is holding up as I see you are from Inverness too!

:-)

Comment

Hello VonnyD and a very warm welcome to the vine from Jinny Cat & me as well.

Comment

Hi vonnieD,

All that light at this time of year. Who needs tinternet. Winternet....maybe! Welcome to the vine. It's highly addictive and great fun.....good luck in the greenhouse........

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X