Help I'm new !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I'm new !

Hello all , I'm new to this site but am hoping you could all help me . I started gardening a couple of years ago and love it very much . I have taken the next step and purchased a greenhouse from eBay . I need to collect it this week and have read all the posts re taking it to pieces However , here comes the silly question .... If I fully dismantle it (6x6) will it fit in a mini with seats folded down ? I'm trying to avoid spending money hiring a van !! Thank you all !!!

What about the glass? Its very heavy. I'm sure you can move it in a mini but it may take several trips. If you hired a van you may not need to completely dismantle the green house which make reassembly much easier!

Comment

Hello Butterfingers and welcome to the Vine. Fraid I can't help with the greenhouse in a mini query
      just popped by to say hope you have a very productive year in the garden.

francesbean
      My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

I bet you never inspected how the glass was held in did you ? If it is held in place with preformed extruded tubing that sits in a groove in the ally you're lucky. If it is thin beads of mastic. BEWARE, 'tis a begger to remove (take a long thin knife with you). Cheers, Tony.
        Semper in Excrementem Altitvdo Solvs Varivs.

Comment

Thank you all ! The guy selling is taking glass out an I will do the rest ! A £20 bargin on eBay is becoming expensive if I hire van . Oh well bite the bullet and do it ! Thank you all !

Comment

The thing to test is can you fit a 6 ft pole in your car... know it sound pretty obvious, but....

I managed to move a 12ft by 6ft greenhouse by putting the 12ft pieces through the sunroof....
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

yes, put the seats down and measure the space to see- can you do it in 2 trips?
              and welcome!
              Last edited by petal; 11-03-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Butterfingers, take plenty of photos especially where the corners meet, number the parts if you have time, enjoy.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Butterfingers, good advice by the above posters, & by Bigmally.
                  Enjoy your growing season.

paul.
                  Help Wildlife.
                  Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Butterfingers
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello Butterfingers welcome to the vine
                      Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                      Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                      -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

I've carried loads in a mini (new style) with the seats down. I know my GH would fit in there, and that's a 6 x 10 - through the sunroof (I know as I took the boxes to the tip along with loads of other things)

Comment

(welcome to the vine btw)

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine. Hope you manage to transport your greenhouse with the minimum of expenditure. Where are you by the way? It's a big help to know, so could you put your location into your profile please?
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X