Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My big brave moment...

Hi all,

Have been reading the mag for a couple of months and using the website along with it.

I've been religiously going through the forums and am starting to feel like a well meaning stalker to many of you, so thought I should sign up and introduce myself before I start to enter the realms of creepy

I'm fairly new to gardening having only had the opportunity to bring on a few plug plants in containers in previous homes, but moved to a permanent location in November and my children and I are having a great time and much excitement trying to ready the garden for what will hopefully be a fantastic adventure.

I'm the worst kind of beginner I think, I'm determined to do everything but I don't know anything!

Looking forward to seeing you all around and chatting with you all

Hi and welcome to the Vine.

Comment

Hello and welcome! You're not the only stalker in town! I lurked on the sidelines for about 5 years!! You will have seen that this is a very friendly and helpful Forum so, ask away!!

Comment

Hi and welcome
        Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Hello and welcome - and there's nothing wrong with plug plants! I used them for years before feeling confident with seed, and still use them for those veg that I just can't seem to get right.

Enjoy the journey .

francesbean
          My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

Hello KierlynRaya and welcome to the vine, the first post is always the hardest to do so now you've got that over with you'll soon feel at home here
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

being determined to do everything without knowing anything isn't that bad, it means you'll learn quicker from your mistakes than from people telling you how to do stuff. You usually have to sift through four or five different methods before you decide which oens the best for you anyway

and welcome creepy person
              Last edited by taff; 11-03-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Hello KierlynRaya, welcome to the vine
                Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

.......Hello ........

Comment

Welcome to the vine!

Comment

Thanks to all!

Yes, have noticed it's very friendly around here and I'm not shy about harassing people if i dont understand something. I found out last night on google maps theres an allotment site just one road away from me yay! Planning on going down there next weekend and seeing if any lovely brainy local feels like mentoring me while I wander round the garden wondering where to put things.

Have already learned a lot from reading through the forums, the mag, and an allotment book I picked up in a charity shop so feeling positive.

Cannot tell you how pleased I am to find somewhere that I am welcomed, creepiness and all.

Comment

Hi KR and welcome to the vine We are all stalkers from time to time!
                        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Hi there and welcome! I was lurking for a while too before actually speaking on here, don't worry - you're not the only one
                          I hope you best of luck with it all! Remember that everything WANTS to grow, so with a bit of common sense, and just a little bit of reading up on what you want to grow, you should have success! Keep us up to date with how you get on!
                          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

From one noob to another...welcome!
                            Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine. We're all friends on here and all ready to help. Do let us know how you get on
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X