I love my flowertot garden...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my flowertot garden...

Those of you who have young children may recognise that thread title! It comes from a little song in a children's programme - Fifi and the Flowertots and when I'm stood in my small greenhouse, looking at all my little plants, I always find myself singing that song in my head!!

Anyway... I'm new to the forums as in new to actually posting. I first found this forum about 12 months ago when I had a big plastic greenhouse and kept filling it up and eventually gave in and bought myself a proper grown up greenhouse.

I have read many threads on here and found all sorts of useful advice, but have now decided to jump in and start posting as well. As I'm more of a veg gardener than flowers I'll probably hang around in those areas most. I also grow everything in containers or shallow raised beds. Everything from leeks to mange tout to tomatoes to courgettes to cucumbers to potatoes to carrots to onions to beans to radishes to broccoli...

Last year my potatoes grew little "fruits" and thanks to the advice on here I saved the seeds and have now got little seedlings through. I also have Morrisons flower buckets thanks to you lot, so plan to plant these potatoes in these in the coming weeks as they grow big enough. I do also grow a few flowers, mostly just to keep my husband happy and also to attract the bees to pollinate my veg!

Anyway, what else to tell you about me? Apart from my family (two children under 10) and a full time job, I also have a passion for knitting. My husband jokes that I would be in heaven sat in my greenhouse with my knitting... I wonder what the joke actually is...? Sounds perfect to me!

Looking forward to getting to know everybody.
    Likac66

Living in her own purple world

Loving gardening, reading, knitting and crochet.

So Likac66, you have been lurking for a year and you know all about us and now its your turn to step up and be counted! I lurked for several years before I was brave enough to shove my oar in - be warned, you've seen the damage its done to me!!
    Seriously (well as serious as I can be) welcome to the Vine - hope to hear lots more about your garden and, erm, knitting

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Likac66
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello lika. Welcome to the vine. Good luck with your growing this year. What type of greenhouse did you get....and how big is it. I've only got a small one.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

hello and welcome
          doesn't sound like you need that much advice

Comment

welcomes to the madhouse ... Simples *tisk*
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Welome to the vine

Thanks for putting that bloomin' song in my head too!!

Comment

Welcome, Likac66
                I just took up knitting - working on my first scarf and it is taking for~ever!
                My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                Revelation 22:2

Comment

Welcome to the public side of the vine!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Welcome to the nut house.
                    Watchout for the nutters

Originally posted by MyLifeWithAndrew View Post
                    - working on my first scarf and it is taking for~ever!
                    How do you grow a scarf?

Comment

Hello Likac66, welcome to the vine
                      Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                      Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                      -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
                        Hello lika. Welcome to the vine. Good luck with your growing this year. What type of greenhouse did you get....and how big is it. I've only got a small one.
                        Mine is only small too - 5ft x 6ft. It's the Simplicity Stafford from The Greenhouse People. I love it.
                        Likac66

Living in her own purple world

Loving gardening, reading, knitting and crochet.

Comment

Hi Lika, welcome. I love my greenhouse too; perfect for having the first cuppa of the day whilst seeing what has happened overnight. The neighbours must see this mad person in jimjams and wonder when the people in white coats will be turning up.

Stay close to us and you'll appear perfectly normal.
                          Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
                          Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Welcome to the vine L66....hope you have a good season.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
                              WOW Newton, coffee hits screen, thanks for pointing that out!

Hi Likac66, pleased to welcome another Derbyshirian or whatever we are called - no suggestions thanks people - have fun, it's good on here!
                              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X