Hi everyone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

I'm another newbie. I share an allotment with a girlfriend of mine, this is our four season. I always get very excited around this time of year and cant wait to get stuck in. We are very lucky to have such a great plot with a large greenhouse and two sheds. We grow everything from spuds to celeriac and kale to pumpkins. We have just put a blackberry bush in at the back end of last year so are looking forward to some juicy berries next season. Looking forward to being part of the family!!

hiya and welcome
    I can't get celeriac to bulk up much, I end up with tiny heads but then I dont feed or water enough usually

Comment

you need to plant them at least 12" apart, 15" ideally. They need plenty of water and if you put a 3" thick mulch around the base of them they will love you.

Comment

Hello and a very warm (and at the moment, wet) welcome to the Vine family. Glad you have joined us and thanks for the tip about celeriac!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello and welcome Lottie babe and your girlfriend - because if she helps you, she is also part of our big Happy Family!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Welcome to the vine from me also!
                Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Hello and welcome, Lottie Babe.
                  My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                  Revelation 22:2

Comment

thanks Veggiechicken, Yes, i guess she's part of the family to. Can you help, been given some show leeks. Do I need to put them in a leek trench or will the open ground do. We are holding our first open flower and veg show in September and we are going to enter for fun, so I'm not expecting too much with these leeks. Although you never know! What this space!!!!

Comment

thanks for the welcome Bren In Pots!

Comment

thanks for the welcome Glutton4, Wonder if there's a Glutton 1, 2 and 3 !

Comment

Ladylottie and Lottie Babe - now theres a combination, thanks for the welcome

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Comment

Welcome to the vine LB. A tip for your leeks - Old kid on the next plot to me put a 12" length of drainpipe over his leeks last year, 2 weeks ago we went to check them and one of the leeks had split the pipe from top to bottom........... it was huge & in perfect condition.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X