Hello From The Isle Of Wight.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
    Hi Nancy, don't think I'd see the needles even from the top of the mountain out back here.

I have a fear that chutney and preserves require a lot of ingredients, taking temperatures, and a whole lot of stirring. I like stirring, but not in the kitchen.
    Chutney doesn't need all the temperature taking, you do just boil the lot in vinegar and with sugar until it thickens which usually takes a couple of hours. The hardest thing is all the chopping, I've got strange callouses from it all on my hands.
    Jam is a bit more complicated and you have to add pectin I haven't tried that yet myself as I mainly have vegetables to preserve most of the time.
    Plum chutney recipe.

Can be modified to make any chutney

Comment

If you don't mind a fine chutney, I found this mincer most helpful
      VINTAGE ORANGE 702 SPONG MINCER KITCHENALIA CLASSIC | eBay
      mine was free from a skip though

Comment

Hello & welcome, Nancy.
        Great blog...my husband loves chutney so I will be referring to it (and the Squidoo) in the future.
        My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
        Revelation 22:2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X