How to's + Hints & Tips on how to use the Vine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raybon View Post
    By the way, only just discovered 'hints and tips' did not refer to gardening methods.....

Thanks for bringing that to our attention Raybon,I've retitled it,hopefully this makes it clearer ??
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Testing, testing.....
      Wheeeeeee! Thanks again Nicos.
      To Multiquote like this ^^^ Click on that little black box thingy to the right of "Reply with Quote" in each post that you want to quote from, then, when you're ready to reply, click "Reply with Quote".

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        To Multiquote like this ^^^ Click on that little black box thingy to the right of "Reply with Quote" in each post that you want to quote from, then, when you're ready to reply, click "Reply with Quote".
        Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        whole post quote.....click on 'Reply With Quote' on the green strip at bottom right of the post

then type your message underneath their quote.

part quote of post
        , then carefully delete out what you don't want, but be careful not to delete any of the brackets at the beginning or end or it won't come up as a balloon quote ( Mods will correct any we find which haven't worked )
        Wait till I show off to 'im indoors.
        Thank you for taking the trouble. No stopping me now!

Comment

Well done Raybon. You're a quick learner!! Now orf you go and show off your skills
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 24-06-2014, 09:34 AM. Reason: opyt

Comment

Although most of this is only relevant if you use the full site, quotes don't currently work on the apps but admin are working on it and (fingers crossed) will have it sorted soon

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Adding your own text as a hyperlink

Adding your own text as a hyperlink....

As with most things we need tags,in this case a modified initial url tag then the original hyperlink + an extra closed square bracket with inverted comma ("]) then your text then the standard closing url tag.

So after the initial tag paste in the original hyperlink (in this case) http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1257643

So we built it ...

url="http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/fruit-vegetable-showcase/vine-virtual-show-2014-a_80309.html#post1257643"]

now add the text ..... As if by Magic

url="http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/fruit-vegetable-showcase/vine-virtual-show-2014-a_80309.html#post1257643"]As if by Magic

Now add the initial bracket [ & closing tag ...[/url]

As if by Magic

Click Reply With Quote button to see it complete
              Last edited by bearded bloke; 01-07-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

uploading a picture from iphone

Can someone tell me how to upload a pic from mu iphone please.
                Last edited by bearded bloke; 25-08-2014, 08:59 PM. Reason: added title

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Click reply to topic.
                  Click the middle icon (the one with the mountains and moon)
                  Select photo.
                  Click upload in top RH corner

Comment

BB!!! Trying to confuse me?

Comment

Changing text size (larger)

If I can't be bothered to find my glasses - I just hold down control button and the + button until the text is big enough
                      Last edited by bearded bloke; 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM. Reason: added title

Comment

Changing text size (smaller)

Ooh, that's really nifty, Thelma, thanks. To reduce the size of the text, you hold down control and the minus sign, btw.
                        Last edited by bearded bloke; 10-12-2014, 04:23 PM. Reason: added title
                        My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Starting an on forum blog

Top of any page to the right of the Forums button click the Blogs button.

Next page below the Forums button click the My Blogs button.

Next page on the right hand side click +Create New Post button.

This page opens a text box which you use the same as in a normal forum post, text, pictures, emoticons, etc

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X