Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Wayne from Wembley

Hi everyone !

I am new to this forum, just signed in yesterday and acquired an allotment plot yesterday, all be it a jungle rather than allotment !!.

I come the wild Fenlands of East Anglia, and have moved to the bright lights of the city, found a wife and started a family, but gardening has always been in my blood, from helping my grandparents with their garden and allotment to growing some veg in our very small and narrow garden.

I am welcome to any advice and tips to help me along the way.

Hello Wayne and welcome. Sounds like its all happening for you at the moment! When you're ready to ask questions, go ahead or use the search facility and have a browse through previous posts. We're a happy bunch!!

Comment

Welcome to the vine Wayne - hmm just up the road from me
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Hello Wayne and welcome to the vine
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse! Pull up a chair...
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hey Wayne! I mean hi Wayne. Welcome to the vine..........was it easier to get a wife or an allotment? Good luck with both!!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Greetings Wayne. Get growing and get brewing - the wife will love all the money you save! Welcome.
              Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

hey wayne
                welcome

[sorry newton, I couldnt resist it either...]

Comment

Welcome Wayne. Allotment in Wembley? They haven't dug up that patch of grass just down the way from Wembley Park station have they? It would be a better use for it
                  Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
                  Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Hello Wayne and a very warm welcome to the Vine
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi Wayne, and welcome to the Vine from me too. We are a really friendly bunch, so don't be afraid to jump straight in

Comment

Thanks for your kind words. Firstly I do have a copy of the Haywain in my house , Secondly It was easier to get a wife than an allotment !!!. Thirdly the ground near Wembley Park tube station is still not been used,to my knowledge, there are a few developments going up around there.
                        There is a ground where a doctors surgery used to be, still that could be a ideal allotment/park.

Comment

Hello wayne,welcome to the band of merry gardeners,great you got a lottie,hard work but worth evry bit,when you not got the year of the slimy creatures from hell lol,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Yes slugs they are everywhere, I use the good old fashioned beer traps works all the time .

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse Wayne, I got my plot last July & found it to be the perfect time to plan and prepare it for this year. I'm so glad I put the work in last year, Check out my album.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X