Hello from a newbie in South Wales!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no-h View Post
    Hahaha yes that's me but the boss doesn't like me to be too obvious about it hence the no-h. I thought I disguised the name well :-)
    Its good to know who your friends are if it doesn't stop raining

Comment

You've large enough trees to climb, VC!

Comment

If you think I'm sitting in the top of a tree for 40 days and 40 nights when I could be in a comfy ark with lots of pets, think on..........

Comment

Well, you could ferment some apples up there - just get jolly for that amount of time - it'd soon pass

Comment

I hope the Great Flood isn't this year as, prepare yourself Chris, there are very few apples. Most of the trees have none Its been so bad for them - plenty of blossom that blew away in the high winds and after that, who knows - lack of pollinators maybe?
            Some of the trees always have apples, I've never known them have none before.

Comment

I have 2 apples, out of 4 or 5 trees (can't remember how many I have). Last year I had 20 or so on 1 tree ! (they're only young).

Comment

Apologies No-h, we've sidetracked your welcome thread Its not unusual!!
                Chris, let's you and I disappear and pop up somewhere else - I'm going down the Ferry soon

Comment

LOL - we're always side tracked! I'm feeling a bit happier about my lack of apples last season now I know that you guys are having the same problems. I think that our apples are so used to droughts that they dropped any apples they had just from shock of the wet stuff!
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

And I'm not too unhappy since I can't afford apple cider making equipment just yet.....
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Hello & welcome, No-h.
                      Your allotment sounds exciting & great name, btw.
                      My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                      Revelation 22:2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X