hello from lincolnshire

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from lincolnshire

Hi every one, another newbee here, had a little look round this site and realised you don't bite so i thought i would say hello.
    Ever year I’m filled with excitement at the coming seasons and then I’m completely daunted and overwhelmed as where to start, now as normally I’m a little down in the dumps that it almost over and i still have not started any of what i wanted to do.
    Your site has cheered me up and i just want to say hi and start planning next year it’s nice to see there a lot on raised bed (probably would not be so daunting) which might be better for me.

Thanks for reading
    1abee

Hello 1abee and welcome to the Forum. We definitely don't bite but we might have a little nibble now and then Wish I could say the same about the slugs and snails this year - they have an enormous appetite

Comment

Welcome 1abee. It's certainly not too late to be sowing and planting - I need to get some more stuff going cos the bladdy snails have eaten most of mine.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine 1abee, don't leave it until next year to start buy some lettuce seeds and get sowing
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks Bren, i have thousands of seed, hope they last till next year, the ground is just mud, we are having some work done (probably why i have not done anything this year) and the heavy equipment they use, OMG it a nightmare.
          I’m hoping to get some raised bed on the go, there must be 12 ton of top soil that I would not let them take away and waste, so it’s all piled out back (hope it’s Ok for raised beds) the only thing this had growing in it was shrubs trees plants all watered from the pond (shame the trees all died when we took out the pond) it was amazing that on this spot we did not have any weed ever, we have been here 6 years now, probably why I feel low, all that time wasted.
          I will make a difference next year,,,,,,, I will,,

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
            Welcome 1abee. It's certainly not too late to be sowing and planting - I need to get some more stuff going cos the bladdy snails have eaten most of mine.
            Hi Rusty, bloody slugs and snails, i spend hours thinking why are they here, everything has a reason, but for the life of me, i can't see why we would ever need a slug or a snail,, no doubt one of you kind folk will put me right xxx

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine The snugs will love it where you are chuck, no hills Put your location into your profile so we don't forget where you are please
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello & welcome, 1abee.
                  My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                  Revelation 22:2

Comment

Hello and welcome.

No snails no thrushes. I guess its worth it...

We started from scratch on a building site so I sympathise. It'll get better once you can make a start.
                    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X