Hello

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi I'm Wendy and I'm keen to grow and learn!
    Iv recently bought my first house and have my first garden of my own.
    I'm really excited about growing my own fruit, veg and herbs. Its something iv wanted to do for a long long time.
    Iv got myself a greenhouse in which iv got red and yellow tomatoes, sweet peppers and sweet potatoes growing in.
    Iv set myself up a little veg patch just to start me off with, Peas, courgettes, cucumbers and a couple of tomato plants in (thought id see how they compared to the ones grown in the greenhouse) oh and I stuck one of the pepper plants in there to!
    Iv also inherited an apple tree which I have been given some fantastic advice on here already on how to look after it.
    My next step is to set myself up with a little herb garden/box and to look into growing some yummy fruits like strawberry's, raspberry`s, blackberry`s etc my list is endless lol!
    My children (4 and 1yrs old) helped me plant all the seeds for everything iv grown so far and have helped with planting them out and are showing great interest, cant wait for them to start tasting them too!
    I hope I dont ask too many silly questions on here!!

Welcome to the madhouse Wendy. Plenty of good people to help you on here. I'm not one of them though, because I'm new this year too.

Chris
    My new website for allotment beginners www.theallotmentshed.co.uk

My Facebook page Please take the the time to "LIKE" https://www.facebook.com/theallotmentshed

Follow on Twitter The Allotment Shed @TASallotment

Comment

Hello Wendy and welcome from me too. I've already seen your apple tree, the possible Gascoyne's Scarlet - it prompted me to ask questions about my Gascoyne's Scarlet with the rotting trunk! You're off to a good start with a mature apple tree in your garden

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes my apple tree seemed to be proving a bit of mystery but you guys are so great on here im really glad i found this site

Comment

There are also some excellent youtube videos worth checking out... I've learned lots from there.
          Clair's allotment and allotment diary are just 2 worth looking at for a start.

Chris
          Last edited by Cue the Toms; 03-08-2012, 08:48 PM.
          My new website for allotment beginners www.theallotmentshed.co.uk

My Facebook page Please take the the time to "LIKE" https://www.facebook.com/theallotmentshed

Follow on Twitter The Allotment Shed @TASallotment

Comment

Thanks Chris I`ll have a look at them

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Wendy
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello Wendy and a very warm welcome to the Vine
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Welcome to the vine Wendy - ask away, there is no such thing as a silly question here - sometimes the answers can get a bit daft, but that is usually just in fun!
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Welcome Wendy, if there is a silly question to be asked I have probably asked it before you!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Wendy. There are no silly questions, as Jeanied said, only perhaps a few silly answers.
                        The best way to find out what works and what doesn't is to try it and see what happens, though it's great to seek the advice of experienced growers, but you will almost certainly find that some methods employed by others just don't work for you and vice versa. Just have fun with it.
                        Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Thank you everyone

Comment

Hi & welcome to the Vine from me too Wendy

paul.
                            Help Wildlife.
                            Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Hello & welcome, Wendy.
                              My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                              Revelation 22:2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X