Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Twickenham

Hi everyone!

My name is Daniella, mother of two very active boys, who keep me busy I'm very pleased I've found this forum, as I can see it's full of very useful information and lovely people I live in a flat in South West London and don't have a proper garden, but more like a roof one - lots of pots in the middle level of the stairs on the way in... I mostly have flowers planted in them, but this year I decided to try with some fruits and herbs as well, following the rules of the organic gardening.

At present, I am experimenting with different strawberry varieties to see which ones are most suited for those conditions, and of course, which one among them is the sweetest I also have a peach tree, which didn't flower this year, probably because of the stress after repotting; and few baby apricots raised from stone (if anyone is interested, I have 2-3 to give away), they are from the tastiest fruit tree in my granny's garden

As to the herbs, I am a big fan of Echinacea and Chamomile; also have some Chives, Parsley, Thyme and Basil. It is such a blessing to have these fresh on the table straight from the garden! And I hope I will find lots more ideas here to grow things my own!

Best regards,

Dani
    Last edited by da_ra; 05-08-2012, 12:53 PM.

Hi Dani, welcome to the vine. It would be a help if you add your location to your profile, then it will show up on your posts (you can see I am in Lowestoft).

Comment

PS, you can also put some details about yourself in your profile, including your birthday - then we can all wish you Happy Birthday when the time comes

Comment

Heh, thanks for that, I am going to do it straight away

Comment

P.S. Where do I put my birthday, as I couldn't find a specific line for it in the profile? Thx

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Dani
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Go to Forum Actions on the green bar at the top of the page, click edit profile, Date of birth should be in optional information (I think)

Comment

hello danni welcome,you say you grown some apricot plants so well done,ti's something special about growing your own,flower buckets are good to grow lots of things in,some shops give them,others charch a small amount,just make your own holes in them for drainage,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hello Dani and a big welcome from me too. As you say, you can't beat your own fresh herbs for the kitchen. Hope you can squeeze lots more in

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your responses

Comment

Hello Dani and a very warm welcome to the Vine. I've grown El Santa strawberries this year and they are lovely and sweet.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!

I see you've already met some of the inmates!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Dani!
                          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I also have few Elsanta plants, Flo They were tasty, indeed but not that many, probably because it's their first season and I didn't want to remove the first flowers - just left them do their thing...
                            Do you feed yours with some sort of organic fertilizer?

Comment

Hello and welcome, Dani.
                              I do agree on the blessings of herbs straight from the garden.
                              I have a single apricot stone waiting to be planted.
                              Good to see yours has flourished, as I will probably be bothering you on tips.
                              My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                              Revelation 22:2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X