Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello there

Just started looking at this site, and decided to register

Have had an allotment for just over a year now - despite the worst weather I can recall, I've managed to grow some things this year
    Had to have two goes at the potatoes - the first lot just rotted in the ground when it flooded - and the slugs won two to one on what did grow, but what we did get was worth it

Right -off to post some questions

Hello David and welcome! Look forward to seeing your questions - although any answers that I may give should be taken with a pinch of salt - for example - how to kill slugs?

Comment

Welcome.......I see you've already had a reply from our Christmas MOM......and she is now telling jokes in her welcome emails.....

Where In the world are you......it helps with advice.......and jokes.......

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Hi David and welcome to the Vine. I'll answer a couple of questions for you before you ask them

1. yes we are all nutters but we are all nutters together. Quite safe really because they would need an incredibly big white van to cart us all off together to the place they keep nutters locked up

2. If you have a problem with slugs damaging your spuds, consider investing in slug nematodes next time. These are particularly effective if applied when earthing the spuds up and really do protect the spuds from damage.

enjoy the vine

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Vine David

You're in the best place to ask questions but you'll probably get a different answer from everyone but that's how gardening works.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello and a very warm, though somewhat belated, welcome to the Vine
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

A belated welcome from me, you will notice that some of us nuts are easier to crack than others.......
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X