Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone, my name is Melanie and I'm a growaholic.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, it's nice to have a proper response for a change. My O/H couldn't be less interested in growing so I just get a nod and smile thrown in with the odd grunt every now and again whenever I tell him about my gardening. He doesn't eat a lot of veg so I think I'm on to a losing battle trying to get him to share my interest. All the more for me.
    Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

The seeds you wanted from the VSP are ready to send back to you whenever yours arrive

Comment

Ok I posted mine first class today so they should be there in the next few days. I enclosed 2 first class large stamps so hopefully they should reach me pretty quick too. Woohoo it's like C*h*r*i*s*t*m*a*s. Oh yeah it really is.

Comment

I'm excited too MM because I know you're sending in lots and lots and lots of seeds.
          Keep your eyes on the VSP folks as the stock is changing by the day

Comment

Hello and a very warm, though somewhat belated, welcome to the Vine
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi Florence Fennel, thanks for the welcome. Your all very kind on here, even though most of you won't count your seeds for me

Comment

Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
                Your all very kind on here, even though most of you won't count your seeds for me
                Perhaps, when we know you a bit better though I don't think I could, even if I wanted too

Comment

Well it passed a small amount of time at work today if nothing else

Comment

"Evil"? NO. For the past week, I thought your avatar was just a cute penguin. But now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's an avocado perched on a bowling pin or a red onion on a daikon. Whatever it is, it doesn't look evil. : )
                    Morning people, thanks for saying hello.

My grandad called me Melanie moopmoop when I was very young and the name stuck. The avatar is a photograph I took at Edinburgh Zoo, doesn't he look evil?

Comment

Hi Melanie and welcome. You must have even more weather to contend with then I have living on the coast as you do. Those east winds can be bitter. Glad to see young ones gardening too.
                      Proud Member of the Celery Stalk Nutters Club
                      www.annesgardeningdiary.blogspot.com

Comment

Sometimes the weather is worse for me on the coast and other times I find it better here than when I get to work which is about 5 miles from the coast? The roads up your way were terrible one day last week yet they were clear for us. It's a funny game isn't it.

Next question, how long can you get away with being young? At what age do people refer to you as no longer young. It's my birthday in a few weeks so I think I'll just be 24 again

Penguin looks evil to me, he stared me right in the eyes for a while before I took that photograph.

Comment

Next question, how long can you get away with being young? At what age do people refer to you as no longer young. It's my birthday in a few weeks so I think I'll just be 24 again
                          Sounds silly but you are as young as you think you are. I know some 20 year-olds who are just soooooo old, old (and boring), in their outlook on life. My Mum considers herself to be young - she's 92!

Comment

Ok well I'll carry on counting for a few more years. I'll stop at 29 so then I can still be a twenty- something.

Comment

In my mind I'm still 20 something - to everyone else I'm 60-odd (with emphasis on the odd)

Comment

Life comes to you in stages. But when I was 24, I sure wasn't worrying about it. But going from 29 to 30 was depressing, because I had lived all my life as a young person, so I felt like I would be young forever, and then I wasn't young anymore, and I thought that it was very weird. Well, after awhile, you get used to getting older. Plus, you can be old and approaching death, or you can be young with a terminal illness, and your age suddenly doesn't matter, because the life expectancy is the same in either situation. And knowing that sort of liberates you from worrying about getting older.

The penguin looks cute is all. : )

Penguin looks evil to me, he stared me right in the eyes for a while before I took that photograph.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X