Hello from Newcastle upon Tyne

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Newcastle upon Tyne

I've had a plot for about 5 years now, but this year has been the worst so far. Better next year perhaps.
    I have a 30x90ft plot and look after it by myself with occasional help from kind neighbours. I moved to a full plot from a half, 3 autumns ago when I decided I liked messing about on the plot.

I'm hoping to get more help from all you knowledgeable people out there.
    Proud Member of the Celery Stalk Nutters Club
    www.annesgardeningdiary.blogspot.com

Hi Muddyfeet - welcome - I am a relative newbie here but there are lots of helpful and knowledgeable people here - enjoy!
    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Hello Muddyfeet and welcome to the vine
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello Muddyfeet and welcome from me too. I can safely say that this had been a bad year for most of us - it can only get better

Comment

Well, you certainly found the right place, because I'M here and I'm a know-it-all.
          Newcastle upon Tyne? Hmmm... sounds very English and old-fashioned. I can just see the serfs working in the field all day, and then having turnips for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Meanwhile, the other serfs are building that new castle for the Lord, and dropping like flies from exhaustion and the plague. But it's probably much better now. : )
          Originally posted by muddyfeet View Post
          I've had a plot for about 5 years now, but this year has been the worst so far. Better next year perhaps.
          I have a 30x90ft plot and look after it by myself with occasional help from kind neighbours. I moved to a full plot from a half, 3 autumns ago when I decided I liked messing about on the plot.

I'm hoping to get more help from all you knowledgeable people out there.

Comment

I like turnips.....and his lordship now gives us regular 5 minute breaks........we're not old fashioned........In fact we are due to get electricity here late next year and there is talk of building an inside toilet if we can afford it.......
            Last edited by Newton; 14-12-2012, 06:36 AM.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Welcome to the vine MF, I'm sure a local yocal of yours will be along shortly.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger Smith View Post
                Well, you certainly found the right place, because I'M here and I'm a know-it-all.
                Newcastle upon Tyne? Hmmm... sounds very English and old-fashioned. I can just see the serfs working in the field all day, and then having turnips for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Meanwhile, the other serfs are building that new castle for the Lord, and dropping like flies from exhaustion and the plague. But it's probably much better now. : )
                Yes that's us slaving away in the fields all day long, OH is out building the castle....

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Comment

another welcome from me to muddyfeet,we are all wishing for a good 2013 growing season,the 3 years have seen big changes in weather patterns,one way or another,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the madhouse. I see you've already met some of the inmates...
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hi and welcome, as you can see I'm from your neck of the woods but unfortunately I know nowt. Still it'll be nice to compare veg failures and blame it on the weather
                        Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Regular 5 minute breaks, huh? Well, his Lordship is certainly generous with the meal breaks, isn't he? Electricity? That CAN'T be right, because you first have to learn how to use steam power, before you can move on to electricity. An OUTSIDE toilet? Now that is a true mark of civilization, when you're not competing with the livestock for a place to poop inside the thatch-covered hovel.
                          Originally posted by Newton View Post
                          I like turnips.....and his lordship now gives us regular 5 minute breaks........we're not old fashioned........In fact we are due to get electricity here late next year and there is talk of building an inside toilet if we can afford it.......

Comment

Oh myyyy, growing veggies is not that hard. I grew a lot when I was in California. Start out with easy stuff. Maybe now you can grow potatoes and cabbage and broccoli and peas. And in springtime, grow tomatoes and corn, SUPER easy. : ) At least you have rain there, and you likely don't have to spend years digging up dirt and pooping in it to make it fertile.
                            Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
                            Hi and welcome, as you can see I'm from your neck of the woods but unfortunately I know nowt. Still it'll be nice to compare veg failures and blame it on the weather

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X