New allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New allotment

Hi, have been reading the site for a while and decided to jump in. Just got my plot 8weeks ago after being on the list for nearly 4 years. Have decided to do raised beds on the plot,and my husband has been very busy making the beds. I am a very enthusiastic amateur and hope to Lean lots over the next few years.

Hi Fishgirl and welcome!! Congratulations on your new plot - and for getting your husband organised to help
    If you could put your location (nearest town) on your profile it helps us to understand your local weather conditions

Comment

Hi Fishgirl, I'm impressed that you've got your hubby organised so quickly with the raised beds. You should probably get him doing as many big jobs as possible, as soon as possible.....his enthusiasm may not last

Looking forward to hearing all about the plot.
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Fishgirl
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Congratulations on your new plot and choice of husband, Mr PP could be called Mr 90%.

Enjoy
          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome Fishgirl. Looking forward to hearing all about you, your family, your new plot and what you like to grow. We're a nosy lot (in the nicest possible way)

Comment

Hello Fishgirl, welcome to the vine and congrats in the new plot. Well done in getting the hubby to help out, wish mine was that enthusiastic!

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Where l live.

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Hi Fishgirl and welcome!! Congratulations on your new plot - and for getting your husband organised to help
                  If you could put your location (nearest town) on your profile it helps us to understand your local weather conditions
                  I live near Whitley Bay in Tyne & Wear. The soil in my allotment is heavy clay, and we have been told has a tendency to flood!! Which is why we decided to go for raised beds. Looking forward to getting lots in, shame its so late, any advice about what l could still have a try with would be gratefully accepted.

Comment

It's just a gentle walk to the garden so that's great, have a lovely dog so she is keeping me company in the allotment. Hubby is great getting me started, but not keen on growing things or gardening, but will help with bits and bobs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X