No announcement yet.

New here with a new allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleasure, keep up with Veggiechicken and all he posts..nutter:-). Enjoy your flat plot mine slopes down like I've said it's about 15m x 9m. Have pics doted sound vine but here's another one.
    Attached Files

Comment

will do thanks all

Comment

Croeso i'r Vine.
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Hello Stormpsy. I took mine over this year, started off in similar condition though with a lot less grass and I don't envy you shifting all that. I've covered half mine while I try and keep the rest under control. Carboard is good and free for keeping out weeds. The best advice from someone on here (sorry can't remember who) is to try and plant something however small everytime you clear a bit. Good luck.
          http://batteriesarentincluded.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hello and welcome. Good luck with the bindweed - it threatens to take over here, but the bees seem to like the flowers.
            Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 13-08-2013, 03:47 PM.
            Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

hi dan i been told to plant potatoes cos they break the soil up.

thanks pyreneesplot, think bees like the flowers here too felt guilty killing some of the bindweed with flowers on cos the bees were buzzing round it

Comment

thanks florence

Comment

thank you florence

Comment

Originally posted by stormpsy View Post
                      hi dan i been told to plant potatoes cos they break the soil up.
                      Not strictly true, the ground gets broken up by all the cultivation used in growing potatoes.

Comment

I was surprised to find that the soil in the bed I raised leeks in became really friable, so they're in a different part of the garden to help another bed this year (unless it was a fluke )
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X