Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
    Hi, Bohobumble and welcome to the vine.

if you search enough, you could probably find a use for most of your weeds. Except dock. I've never found a use for dock apart from to soothe nettle stings.
    I'd be interested to hear the benefit of your reading, have you noted down any tips?!

Comment

Hello and welcome from a far neighbour, although I did once live on the Beds/Bucks border
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the vine
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Bohobumble View Post
          I'd be interested to hear the benefit of your reading, have you noted down any tips?!
          Well, for instance, you can eat a lot - dandelion, purslane, clover, plantain, chickweed, mallow, goosefoot, cleavers, burdock...even Japanese knotweed.
          Horsetail tea is good for chilblains because of the silica it contains.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Hello & Welcome
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Hello Boho and a very warm welcome to the Vine
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Bohobumble View Post
                Hello there, I'm slowly making my way through the website and have discovered the intro bit!

I'm an allotment holder (9 months now) with a particular interest in growing useful plants especially veggies, maybe some fruit, definitely herbs and some flowers that smell nice/medicinal use/tisane/attract pollinators or improve crops as a companion plant.

I'm rather a fan of cooking so cooking stuff I've grown is even more exciting. I have a blog but I'm sporadic at keeping it updated depending upon demand of my time and inclination! greengardengate.wordpress.com

I've an affinity with organic growing on my plot so like to try out heritage varieties and I'm a total convert to crop rotation and companion planting. I'm not as aggressive with the weeds as I should be... so need to work on that. Although a lot of planning goes into my efforts, the lack of neatness may mislead.

A special hello to any grapes who live nearby!
                Hello from Bucks also

Please update your blog soon...it makes great reading!

Comment

A very warm welcome to the forum.
                  Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                  Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks! I've drafted several times a new post but not got there yet!

Been focussed on family stuff and job hunting and the plot itself (so much to do!), I keep forgetting to take pics and the blog doesn't really work without pics.

I have lots of recipes I have taken pics of tho but not had time to write it out :/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X